Main Menu

**RFR NEWS FLASH** Reno Fernley Racetrack

Started by A DRAGON, November 11, 2009, 10:05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Bay (BRA)

Quote from: wills on November 15, 2009, 09:07:27 AM
Let's make a deal with Storey County to rent the truck route, just like the cars do. We can call it the "SSA VC Bike Climb". ;)

Where the Storey County is?  ???

wills

Stop Global Whining!
2015 1200RS
2018 H2 SE
Old Sprint Back East

dr1150

I am bummed  to here about RFR!!!

This was my first year ever owning a sport bike, and I did 10 track days at RFR.
I am really going to miss this experience with everyone and all the fun. I also would like to try other tracks if other people are going.  Car pooling is a great idea.
"You start the game of life with a full pot o' luck and an empty pot
o' experience... The object is to fill the pot of experience before you
empty the pot of luck."

Justin

Quote from: dr1150 on November 15, 2009, 04:44:27 PM
I am really going to miss this experience with everyone and all the fun. I also would like to try other tracks if other people are going.
We are going, and we're in for a treat

zipbyu

Quote from: mean green 79 on November 13, 2009, 07:53:39 AM
Has anyone thought of haveing monthly dues like $50 a month, $12.50 a week, $600 one time yearly fee. this would give us say four track days and give them some cash to work with.obviously if you were paying the monthly fee you couldn't take a free day till you had $150 in the pot. this would give them money to do some improvements and hopefully get more track days scheduled for the year.

We already give them money and most of us give them more than that.  Even when we support track providers, thay get a good cut.  Improvements? ::)
     Alought you have an idea, which shouldn't have to come from us. :(

mikey

Quote from: wills on November 15, 2009, 09:07:27 AM
Let's make a deal with Storey County to rent the truck route, just like the cars do. We can call it the "SSA VC Bike Climb". ;)
that would be kool I love the truck route but, the no sand traps or guard rails =very long cliff drops on 90% of the turns
ducati brothers

916 (2wcp 955 big bore kit)

Rick Bay (BRA)

Quote from: wills on November 15, 2009, 10:37:51 AM
Virginia City!
Thank you.
But the way, is that the hill without safety on sides? I've done this trail a few times before  I "hook up" on tracks...

mase

That sucks about RFR and hopefully it will only be through the winter.
Sean Mason

A DRAGON

Thank you all for all your comments. They have been real positive. Keep your ears open on the status of the track.
I'm hoping we can work something out with the bank to let us still go out to the track. I can't see anyone just letting that facility just sit there when we can generate some revenue for the bank.

I've spoke with a car guy who has some knowledge of the track and heard the SCCA is looking at RFR as well. He also had some information about people also working on reopening the track. We're not the only ones hurting about the closing of RFR. I'm optimistic the Track will open again in 2010. I don't know of anyone yet. I have heard a lot of rumors. Hopefully some one will come through. What ever happens I'm sure we'll still be a part of it. WE do very well out there at RFR. Thanks to all who kept coming out to the Track for SSA and all the other track providers. You were making a difference.

If we can't do RFR I'm sure we can work out a reasonable price with all the other Track providers if we go as a group. If we can count on a group of at least 20 or more that is a good voice. Keigwins has a pretty good deal with some other clubs out there I know he keeps a day open only for South Bay Riders. They have a few months to sell it out. Then he sells the remainder of the spots to who ever wants to sign up. WE I'm sure can do the same thing. I will contact the other providers we use and see what they can offer us. We have a pretty good following and I would like to keep it. I feel that the SSA owes it to our members after all look how many of you are just Track ONLY.

I'm not sure if I want to Rent out Thunderhill on our own just yet. I'd like to concentrate on RFR. That is so nice to be 45 minutes form a Track. 
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

jlavallee

Thanks for all that you do Jerome! Hopefully RFR will re-open and this economic mess will start to back off a little.

SV996R

I would keep a positive attitude towards track availability in 2010 as the banks are very interested in revenue as long as the liability can be taken care of.  Jerome has done a fantastic job of facilitating track days and have no doubt that will continue no matter what the track.

Everyone local is very lucky that you have so many dry days available and so many good tracks within a days drive.  We have 3 tracks that are within a close ratio of each other (Pacific Raceway, Kent WA.), Spokane Raceway, Spokane WA.) and Portland International Raceway, Portland OR.) but since this is the Northwest we have more wet track that dry by far.  Not to mention the farther south you go down the coast the better the tracks are.

Rick Bay (BRA)

Thanks Jerome. You are included on the top the list of the nicest guys that I have met. You are brave and hard work men. I love you bro!!... And the rest of SSA members too!  ;D ;D
We'll figure some solution out next year for sure!  :) :)

Justin

Goodbye, Reno Fernley Raceway and HELLO Reno Fernley Racetrack
We met with the new leadership of RFR.   Their bosses are the venture capitalists who loaned the money to the previous track owner.  When the Bo$$e$ got the track returned to them, they very quickly did some research on T-hill, Sears Point etc.  Being very smart, they realize the possibilities.

Short version.  I like the guys we met tonight.  They have good heads on their shoulders and they both have racing backgrounds and are passionate about motorsports.  They remember when Sears Point looked like Fern-tucky.  They have a strong vision and are very optimistic that RENO FERNLEY RACETRACK *new name with a new website soon* can enjoy the same trajectory as Sears and T-hill.

More good news . . . they believe that motorcyclists are they key to the track's success.

They, very badly, want to resurface, but it will be a challenge to show the venture capitalists that there will be an even return on a million dollar investment, and that challenge may difficult to accomplish this year.  Resurfacing holds precedence, and is more feasible than plumbing.
We have to be a patient and we have to be supportive.  They appear very committed to the SSA, and we want to be instrumental and invested in their success also.

very short version:
Ladies and Gentlemen, WE HAVE A TRACK with plans to be operational in April.

Jerome deserves special thanks for arranging the meeting, and getting the ball rolling, and staying positive.

weavefish

Thats soooooo freaking awesome!!!!! cant wait to ride RFR again! Tanx dragon
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

Justin

I share your excitement.  We are the only two people awake, I think.