Main Menu

**RFR NEWS FLASH** Reno Fernley Racetrack

Started by A DRAGON, November 11, 2009, 10:05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

com3

n10sive... that $7700 number is COMPELTELY different from what i was just sent.

i'm not going to post exact number publicly, but i will tell you that assume the TDP does not have it's own insurance, medical, or cornerworkers and they require the track to provide all three services, it's $5900 for weekday and $6900 for weekend dates.  significantly less if the TDP has it's own ins, med, and flaggers.

com3

oh yeah, and there's multiday rental incentives too..  i.e., rent one day, get the 2nd 10% off, 3rd 15% off...

CptnHornblower

Quote from: scotinexcile on March 29, 2010, 01:29:14 PM
Quote from: CptnHornblower on March 29, 2010, 01:26:58 PM
Yeah, but just think, at $300 per person it would only take 29 riders to break even on a weekend! Sweet! :o

Let me see $290 for Infineon or $300 for a weekend DAY(not both) at RFR!!!! No contest

You're right, $290 track fee, mileage - 400 miles at .50 per mile is another $200, room, meals; that makes RFR a bargain. That's what you meant, right :)
Earnest Hemingway : There are only 3 sports, Bullfighting, Motor Racing and Mountain climbing. All the rest are games.

Justin

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

RCFLAGGER

HAHAHAHAHHAH HEHEHEHEHEHEH  GAFAUGH GAFAUH GAFUAH.............!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

A NOTE MILLER,LAGUNA, & SEARS :  
   MILLER built ground up with the financial backing of an automtive sales EMPIRE!!! Larry H. Miller BURBED thousand dollar bills!!!  (Check out the Salt Lake Valley drive so. down State st.. don't forget West Valley City & Sandy... and THats just in SLC ..... Theres three or four other states....)
   LAGUNA built and developed over the years by LOCAL businesses & local volunteers (SCRAMP). Flagged by USARM of which I'm a member....
    SEARS built and developed over the years by private local businesess (who remembers GOLDEN GATE RACEWAY?). Currently owned & operated by possibly the largest racetrack conglomerates in the country .....

How do you make a million dollars racing??

START out with TEN!!   :D :D :D

RACING is the only form of compitition......everything else is just a GAME.........  '84 GoldWing ,'82 KZ1100-D, '75 Kaw Z-1 900, '73 Honda CL-350, '69 Honda CT-90

n10sive

Quote from: com3 on March 29, 2010, 01:35:50 PM
n10sive... that $7700 number is COMPELTELY different from what i was just sent.

i'm not going to post exact number publicly, but i will tell you that assume the TDP does not have it's own insurance, medical, or cornerworkers and they require the track to provide all three services, it's $5900 for weekday and $6900 for weekend dates.  significantly less if the TDP has it's own ins, med, and flaggers.

Then you have a different quote sheet than we were provided for the all inclusive package. Our last email (to my knowledge and I am on the B.O.D. for SSA) was the $7700 price for 10 dates. I like your numbers a little bit better ;D
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

zipbyu

I am glad that the sierra sport riders are not trackday providers.  This sounds like a huge mess. 

Justin

n10sive

Quote from: scotinexcile on March 29, 2010, 06:10:24 PM
This is a prime example of the "gossip and hearsay" until RFR get their act together and post their rates publicly then we have nothing to go from. Nothing against Dale or Joe, I am sure they were both sent the "right pricing of the moment"  ;D

Sounds like they are still trying to figure things out. Wonder where it will land. But...I would say that an email from the track operators is not gossip or hearsay.

Oneup

Quote from: Putz on March 29, 2010, 09:43:13 PM
Quote from: Justino on March 29, 2010, 08:45:05 PM
Quote from: Justino on March 29, 2010, 01:44:30 PM
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
THUD

you fall over?

Fell asleep.  This RFR drama is old.  Everyone is too worried about whether they will get their stuff together.  There are more than 6 tracks within an eight hour drive of Reno.  We should focus our time going to tracks that want our business and are willing to make sure they have the amenities we need.  If RFR wants to join that list they can let us know when they are willing to make improvements and step up to compete with other tracks.  Till then, I'm riding THill, Miller, Infineon, Buttonwillow, and maybe Vegas, Willow Springs, and Laguna Seca.
02 KX250, 04 GSXR1000, 07 CBR600rr

n10sive

more group trips to THILL will be fun. Would like to ride Infineon before I retire....

Oneup

Quote from: n10sive on March 29, 2010, 09:55:31 PM
more group trips to THILL will be fun. Would like to ride Infineon before I retire....

Come on out with us.  I post up every day I am doing.  An  SSA group trackday like we do at Miller would be awesome.  If we planned on doing it at every track once a year that would be a blast.  We might even be able to talk Keigwins or Z2 into giving us a group discount of 10 or more. 

Infineon is fun, but nothing compared to Miller.  It is the one track you must do before you retire. 

n10sive

old and slow on a SV...so I could do what...one lap a session there? LOL

Oneup

30 minute sessions.  You might fall asleep on the straight but you probably wouldn't have to brake for the entire track.  Just hold it pinned.  There were a couple SV's last year in A group running pretty good.  You'd love it.