Main Menu

**RFR NEWS FLASH** Reno Fernley Racetrack

Started by A DRAGON, November 11, 2009, 10:05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin

If I were new management of RENO'S ONLY LOCAL TRACK i definitely would have had a booth at the INTERNATIONAL MOTORSPORTS & Recreation EXPO held at the RENO CONVENTION CENTER.
I would try to get a BOOTH somewhere between the Ducati 1098R, the Freedom Cycle Triumph Daytona 675, and The SCCA (Sport Car Club of America) who also use the track.

You can call me crazy, but I just get these wacky ideas from time to time.
If they marketed the f***ing track, I wouldn't have to support them by myself.

Oneup

Quote from: Justino on March 13, 2010, 09:23:26 PM
If I were new management of RENO'S ONLY LOCAL TRACK i definitely would have had a booth at the INTERNATIONAL MOTORSPORTS & Recreation EXPO held at the RENO CONVENTION CENTER.
I would try to get a BOOTH somewhere between the Ducati 1098R, the Freedom Cycle Triumph Daytona 675, and The SCCA (Sport Car Club of America) who also use the track.

You can call me crazy, but I just get these wacky ideas from time to time.
If they marketed the f***ing track, I wouldn't have to support them by myself.

I sense a little frustration considering you posted this in three different threads.
02 KX250, 04 GSXR1000, 07 CBR600rr

Justin

Quote from: Oneup on March 13, 2010, 09:38:10 PM
I sense a little frustration considering you posted this in three different threads.
Give me a call

MotoPutz

zipbyu

You are right, how many people dont know there is a track out ther in the first place. Their marketing is a big sign in Fernley on I-80, and a still not operating web site. Of course thay have a dirt track in Fernley.  Road course?????  As a big supporter of RFR, and it hurt to say, I cant see that we will be out there on bikes ever again. Or at least next year, man I hope I eat me words, because thay have so much potential.   :-\

SPL

Quote from: Gangplank on March 14, 2010, 09:49:57 AM
Needs artlice and news.....   needs people to talk about it....   needs local shops to support it.

WILL NOT HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We all have tried..... The fact of the matter is the bank is still running it and using management with no track racing experience!!!!!

The same old formula that shut it down before...  (Nothing has changed)

Now all track day companies BOTH BIKES AND ROAD CARS have already made schedules without RFR and have pretty much made there decision on RFR!   And it goes back to the same argument.. For the price they charge IT IS worth the trip to ride a track (Thunderhill,Miller, ect..)

We have tried to get them to give away single track days as part of the marketing ploy.. The bank pretty much tells us to go kick rocks!  They are set in there ways FOR NOW!   It might change halfway thru once they see they have no income coming in at all.
Building Dreams One Bike At A Time!  775-825-4457

99 900ss duc

youngster775

Here is the RFR update..... If you don't know, I am closely in touch with the track management and working diligently to help them open so we can have our track back. Today I spoke with management to clarify a few issues. first, they are still on track to open April 1st. this coming week they have contractors coming out to fix three areas in the asphalt, the hoot and holler, the horseshoe, and a groove in the front straight. secondly, their website is up and running. It's renofernleyracetrack.com  Third, they could not attend the convention. with things moving at the rate they are, they weren't prepared to do the show. he wanted to have brochures, stickers, etc. to hand out and it wasn't ready in time. they didn't want to do the job half-assed, so they made the decision not to it at all. they barely just got their logo made. and this concludes my SSA update. thanks
                                                                                                                  Youngster775/head of promotions and marketing
2006 R1-50th,2004 R6 trackbike,2005 GSXR-600,2001 ZX6 trackbike,2005 YZ-250F

com3

SPL

Quote from: youngster775 on March 15, 2010, 10:22:32 PM
Here is the RFR update..... If you don't know, I am closely in touch with the track management and working diligently to help them open so we can have our track back. Today I spoke with management to clarify a few issues. first, they are still on track to open April 1st. this coming week they have contractors coming out to fix three areas in the asphalt, the hoot and holler, the horseshoe, and a groove in the front straight. secondly, their website is up and running. It's renofernleyracetrack.com  They could not attend the convention. with things moving at the rate they are, they weren't prepared to do the show. he wanted to have brochures, stickers, etc. to hand out and it wasn't ready in time. they didn't want to do the job half-assed, so they made the decision not to it at all. they barely just got their logo made. and this concludes my SSA update. thanks

You know youngster all I can say is I hope you can talk some sense into these guys as far as ramping up the season.  The Pricing they are asking for from ALL track day companies is a bit brutal considering they have to mend alot of "out of town " relationships.  Maybe he will listen to you.   No one is asking for them to drop there pants all season on pricing but it would be a good idea to start off low and get people back in to see the improvements made to this track.   Word of mouth from other racers HAVE ALWAYS BEEN MUCH MORE EFFECTIVE then commercials or fliers ever could be.    Then maybe the pricing could be more justified after they have ridden on the improvements.   

You got to give a little to get a little.     
Building Dreams One Bike At A Time!  775-825-4457

MotoPutz

Quote from: Superbike Performance Lab on March 16, 2010, 10:55:25 AM
Quote from: youngster775 on March 15, 2010, 10:22:32 PM
Here is the RFR update..... If you don't know, I am closely in touch with the track management and working diligently to help them open so we can have our track back. Today I spoke with management to clarify a few issues. first, they are still on track to open April 1st. this coming week they have contractors coming out to fix three areas in the asphalt, the hoot and holler, the horseshoe, and a groove in the front straight. secondly, their website is up and running. It's renofernleyracetrack.com  They could not attend the convention. with things moving at the rate they are, they weren't prepared to do the show. he wanted to have brochures, stickers, etc. to hand out and it wasn't ready in time. they didn't want to do the job half-assed, so they made the decision not to it at all. they barely just got their logo made. and this concludes my SSA update. thanks

You know youngster all I can say is I hope you can talk some sense into these guys as far as ramping up the season.  The Pricing they are asking for from ALL track day companies is a bit brutal considering they have to mend alot of "out of town " relationships.  Maybe he will listen to you.   No one is asking for them to drop there pants all season on pricing but it would be a good idea to start off low and get people back in to see the improvements made to this track.   Word of mouth from other racers HAVE ALWAYS BEEN MUCH MORE EFFECTIVE then commercials or fliers ever could be.    Then maybe the pricing could be more justified after they have ridden on the improvements.   

You got to give a little to get a little.     

well said

n10sive

Quote from: Gangplank on March 16, 2010, 09:57:01 AM
There are probably others..... merge?

You only posted this twice...you missed a thread LOL
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

youngster775

2006 R1-50th,2004 R6 trackbike,2005 GSXR-600,2001 ZX6 trackbike,2005 YZ-250F

TWF

Quote from: Superbike Performance Lab on March 16, 2010, 10:55:25 AM

You know youngster all I can say is I hope you can talk some sense into these guys as far as ramping up the season.  The Pricing they are asking for from ALL track day companies is a bit brutal     
With economy and turnouts as is they will be lucky if somebody rents it for 5 year old price :)

Justin

Quote from: Superbike Performance Lab on March 14, 2010, 03:36:46 PM
The fact of the matter is the bank is still running it and using management with no track racing experience!!!!!
They both have extensive track racing experience.

topics merged.  thanks for the suggestion, Josh.