Main Menu

**RFR NEWS FLASH** Reno Fernley Racetrack

Started by A DRAGON, November 11, 2009, 10:05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

n10sive

the choice will really be how much risk the club is willing to take. If we sell a trackday at $100, and will need 100 people to break even (hypothetical numbers) after paying for the track rental, who gets to eat the loss if we only have 80 people show up? (we will also probably have really short notice on our first date). Is it fair for Jerome to eat the loss? I don't think so. If we lose on one trackday and profit on another, that is one thing. But who is going to carry the loss until we break even? Jerome again? NO. Are we, as member of this club willing to put up money to offset losses? I don't think so.

RFR's new management is NOT going to give us the deal we had before. We already negotiated. The bank really has no interest in actually doing this either. It's the conservators and THEY are willing to do races. But if they do not show a profit, the track will NEVER be available again as it will close permanently. So we have what we have, and now the trick is work with what they have offered us and get the track going. Hell...in reality the land is more valuable to a developer at the current price for a commercial development than a track. That's a reality we have to work with.

But you are also right in that no matter what we charge, without some improvements, people will not continue to come. Herein lies the problem. If they operate at a loss...no improvements. No improvements, no customers. These guys are not stupid, and they are working with us to make it all happen.

For now though, please do not get worked up as I think what might be offered will be VERY good for us. It's just going to take a few more meetings (and negotiations) so patience is going to be key for now.

BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

Wilde Racing

All this (on the page 4) talk is getting me excited. I am also in need of an instructor, I prefer one that wont crash in front of me :P

So, is there any rumors on when the track will be open?
05 CBR 1000rr

CptnHornblower

Quote from: n10sive on March 06, 2010, 03:17:47 PM
the choice will really be how much risk the club is willing to take. If we sell a trackday at $100, and will need 100 people to break even (hypothetical numbers) after paying for the track rental, who gets to eat the loss if we only have 80 people show up? (we will also probably have really short notice on our first date). Is it fair for Jerome to eat the loss? I don't think so. If we lose on one trackday and profit on another, that is one thing. But who is going to carry the loss until we break even? Jerome again? NO. Are we, as member of this club willing to put up money to offset losses? I don't think so.

What if we pay a little higher fee to Jerome, if we end up with more than enough to pay RFR then carry the difference over to cover the short fall if there is one. then adjust the price SSA members pay from track day to track day. If we build up a nice reserve we could have a really cheap track day at the end of the season.
Earnest Hemingway : There are only 3 sports, Bullfighting, Motor Racing and Mountain climbing. All the rest are games.

n10sive

Quote from: CptnHornblower on March 11, 2010, 03:25:26 PM
What if we pay a little higher fee to Jerome, if we end up with more than enough to pay RFR then carry the difference over to cover the short fall if there is one. then adjust the price SSA members pay from track day to track day. If we build up a nice reserve we could have a really cheap track day at the end of the season.

That is being discussed too. We need to make a 'profit' so to speak so Jerome or the club doesn't have to go out of pocket from date to date. Anything left at the end of the season is typically used to buy club shirts and hats, stickers and other items to give back to the membership.

CptnHornblower

Gee, in10sive sounds like a pretty smart guy. Hum, has a Beemer and an SV; yep must be bloody brilliant!
Earnest Hemingway : There are only 3 sports, Bullfighting, Motor Racing and Mountain climbing. All the rest are games.

n10sive

Quote from: CptnHornblower on March 11, 2010, 05:40:40 PM
Gee, in10sive sounds like a pretty smart guy. Hum, has a Beemer and an SV; yep must be bloody brilliant!

LOL. I see what you did there. Bloody Brilliant!  :D :D

com3

is there any security there during the day?  i've been SERIOUSLY craving some laps... :D

edmunsan

Consider what is paid to go to thunderhill, trackday fee, gas, bout 6hrs. travel , maybe hotel, food,. Even at a higher fee than last year RFR still sounds like a value to me. And local biz thats the kicker that makes me North Nevada PROUD! Oh and I could be home for dinner with the little flower (war dept.)
MOTOISM my desease from wich there is no cure.

Justin

Quote from: com3 on March 12, 2010, 04:13:03 PM
is there any security there during the day?  i've been SERIOUSLY craving some laps... :D
They are out working every day

com3

Quote from: Justino on March 12, 2010, 10:22:19 PM
Quote from: com3 on March 12, 2010, 04:13:03 PM
They are out working every day

what about at night?  i got headlights... plus i've done so many laps there, i know which direction the track goes... :P

Justin

Pressure sensors that notify the police directly.  Careful Joe. . . they're everywhere

com3

Quote from: Justino on March 12, 2010, 10:31:46 PM
Pressure sensors that notify the police directly.  Careful Joe. . . they're everywhere

gah! them crazy nevada-people!

zipbyu

"Presure Sensor" ::) right.  Thay dont even have a toilet.

Oneup

Quote from: edmunsan on March 12, 2010, 10:13:34 PM
Consider what is paid to go to thunderhill, trackday fee, gas, bout 6hrs. travel , maybe hotel, food,. Even at a higher fee than last year RFR still sounds like a value to me. And local biz thats the kicker that makes me North Nevada PROUD! Oh and I could be home for dinner with the little flower (war dept.)

While I'm a big fan of RFR and plan on doing all of the SSA days there, once you ride an established track like Thunderhill, Infineon, Buttonwillow you will find that the cost difference is well worth it.  I won't even talk about the amenities at Miller.  RFR has a great layout but it still has a long way to go. I am all for supporting the local track but I also believe that everyone should try one of the other tracks is the surrounding areas to get a feel for where RFR needs to be.  Ask Putz about his recent experience at another track. 

Please keep in mind when I say this that I've done more trackdays at RFR than any other track and it isn't the closest track to where I live.
02 KX250, 04 GSXR1000, 07 CBR600rr

n10sive

Quote from: zipbyu on March 13, 2010, 05:02:57 PM
"Presure Sensor" ::) right.  Thay dont even have a toilet.

Pressure Sensor...it's what goes off because they don't have toilets  :P