Main Menu

**RFR NEWS FLASH** Reno Fernley Racetrack

Started by A DRAGON, November 11, 2009, 10:05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A DRAGON

Sorry to inform the club members that RFR is not scheduled to open in 2010. As much as I hate to post this. I feel I must. We as a club have come very far. I would like for us to go even further as a Motorcycle club. The economics of these past years I believe have taken it's grip on our home track. I will see if there are some other options we can pursue as a Motorcycle club.

The track was a wonderful venue for all of us to get together and enjoy our machines. We have made a lot of good friends doing the Track thing. Great memories of Some wonderful times we have had are all associated with the Track. I would hate to see all of this come to an end. If we can stay optimistic I believe we can find a way to keep all this going. I'm sure it will take some effort. So let's look at this as an opportunity. Not a set back.

We will be having a General club meeting in December. We are looking at the first Sunday in December but it's not for sure yet. We're waiting for Alberto to confirm. Please keep all your thoughts and comments positive. So we can find a way to stay on track.

In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Justin

Jerome.  Matter cannot neither be created nor destroyed. 
Nothing is lost, this is just a new opportunity presenting itself. We'll figure out what it is, and then ride the CRAP OUT OF IT.

n10sive

Quote from: Justino on November 12, 2009, 12:22:23 AM
Jerome.  Matter cannot neither be created nor destroyed. 
Nothing is lost, this is just a new opportunity presenting itself. We'll figure out what it is, and then ride the CRAP OUT OF IT.

THIS!!!

Amen bruddah. Let's all figure this out and keep riding!
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

mikey

Bummer sorry Jerome I will try to post positive next time.  I had my entire work schedule changed just for track days. I ended up with a bunch of closing shifts with Sunday and Monday off. I hate closing
ducati brothers

916 (2wcp 955 big bore kit)

mikey

Positive post ;D

I do own a motor home and can travel, I can take riders But, I don't have a trailer for bikes.
ducati brothers

99 900ss duc

are we reading too much into this, it says closed indef while they restructure over the winter. does that mean that its just closed for the winter (since they cant staff during the winter ) and will reopen for summer?  the post kind of reads funny.

Oneup

It sucks, but there are still at least 5 tracks less than 8 hours away.  Maybe this will push some of the guys that have only ridden RFR to try different tracks.  Like Justino said, let's look at this as an opportunity.
02 KX250, 04 GSXR1000, 07 CBR600rr

Rick Bay (BRA)

I hope they will close RFR only for the winter. I'll miss it a lot if they close for the summer too.
Well, let's wait to the summer start. We don't usually to ride on the winter anyway. Folks, just wait and trust for a good solution next year.
;) ;) ;) ;)

Team Gorgonzola

One of my sources (sport car guy) told me that RFR was in foreclosure and is now in some banker hands. He also told me that there are some investors group, some local, some from Canada, interested and working on something. Don't get your hopes up at all, it could be all smoke and no roast  ;D
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

mean green 79

Has anyone thought of haveing monthly dues like $50 a month, $12.50 a week, $600 one time yearly fee. this would give us say four track days and give them some cash to work with.obviously if you were paying the monthly fee you couldn't take a free day till you had $150 in the pot. this would give them money to do some improvements and hopefully get more track days scheduled for the year. I just started doing track days and the likely hood of going to sears point , laguna and thunder hill will difenitely limit the amount of track days I do since they are two to three time more expensive and further away. I think some of the California guys would come up four  or more times a year. that would generate a ton of money. Just my 2 cents.

Justin

i think this is a great idea for the new owner/operator if one presents. 

ps.  The other tracks seem distant, but we're going to end up carpooling and towing each others equipment. Not to worry!

mikey

I cant wait to ride a different track ;D
ducati brothers

youngster775

MILLER MOTORSPORT PARK  HOME TO THE SSA..... MAN, WOULDNT THAT BE NICE! ;D
2006 R1-50th,2004 R6 trackbike,2005 GSXR-600,2001 ZX6 trackbike,2005 YZ-250F

Adiggity

Thunderhill and Sears aren't that far away. I personally don't mind the drive at all. Between carpooling and getting rooms with multiple people, the cost isn't even double to do a Thill day vs.  Fernley, the way I figure. I have a trailer that could fit 3 bikes, and a truck that can fit 2.  :) We'll work it out one way or another. I know this isn't the end of my trackdays!

Team Gorgonzola

You are right Andy, and for some of our members that have not experienced other racetrack; you are in for a treat!! I went to Tunderhill with my man Jerome and KFG (known fast guy) Andrei for the first time la September, and had a wonderful time. How about this: only focus on lines and smoothness, no worries about bumps, patches, holes etc. :o
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-