Main Menu

Race report for #824 AFM Round 2

Started by Adiggity, April 30, 2008, 03:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adiggity

CBR Dave

Nice job Andy.  I came by your pits a few times and never saw you.

russtman

Alan ---take off the PC3 ---give it to Andy and put YOUR sundial back on!!  ;D
Need  money!!!!   WILL WORK FOR TRACK DAYS.

Adiggity

Thanks guys. As far as coming by my pits, I was all over the place this weekend trying to get things squared away with the bike. I'm sorry I missed you Dave. How did you do?

Alan, the quick shifter is an electronic device that cuts the ignition out when you hit the shifter to up shift so you don't have to get off the gas at all to shift. (Up shift only) I was REALLY surprised how much I adapted to having that!! And it runs through the PC III. So no PC III, no quick shifter. And thanks to you and Beth for tracking me down and wishing me luck. I really appreciated that. It's great having friends there to watch.

Thanks to Jeff Watkins for coming by too. Sorry I didn't have more time to bs with all of you. Hopefully next time things will be not so hectic for me so I can chit chat more with y'all.

Russ, bring your a$$ to the races man!!

russtman

FUNNY ----is your bike going to be together for the May 10 and 11th track days with Z2??

russtman

Hopefully it will come together for ya ----I most likely will be there SUnday, if you can make it that would be great.

Resistor

Not bad at all Andy, considering everything leading up to the weekend and with you not even sure you were going to race or not.
2005 GSXR-600

weavefish

Yea great write up andy. good to hear you going strong and no injurys ;D
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

Adiggity

n10sive

Can I say it again? Andy IS DA MAN!
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

russtman

Stop saying that ---HIS DAMN HEAD IS SWELLING ---I can see it from Reno!!!!!  ;D

Adiggity

Quote from: russtman on May 01, 2008, 03:43:08 PM
Stop saying that ---HIS DAMN HEAD IS SWELLING ---I can see it from Reno!!!!!  ;D
Hey, that's not from my head swelling, it's from me losing my hair!!  :D :D

CBR Dave

I rode Open Superbike my first race.  I was 38 on the grid.  I ended up 25th at the checkered flag, and my best lap was 1:50.  My second race was Open GP.  I was sitting 69th on the grid, we had a split start with 750 prod. so I think i was sitting 29th in my class. I finished 19th with a lap time of 1:51.  I was surprised of the 1:51 lap times because of all the traffic trying to get around the 750's.  It was my first time ever there, and I love that track.

Adiggity

Quote from: CBR Dave on May 01, 2008, 09:31:43 PM
I rode Open Superbike my first race.  I was 38 on the grid.  I ended up 25th at the checkered flag, and my best lap was 1:50.  My second race was Open GP.  I was sitting 69th on the grid, we had a split start with 750 prod. so I think i was sitting 29th in my class. I finished 19th with a lap time of 1:51.  I was surprised of the 1:51 lap times because of all the traffic trying to get around the 750's.  It was my first time ever there, and I love that track.
Nice job man!! That is great for your first time ever being at that track. Well done. You'll be dicing it up with the front guys in no time. My first time there, I think I only got down to 1:55's. That track is very fun, but I am having a hard time figuring it out!! The guys I usually run with at Bwillow and Thill spank me at Infineon.....I'll get it though.

CBR Dave

Thanks Andy.  That is my favorite track out of the three.  If I can ever work my way up to the KFG's practice group, maybe you can tow me around and show me the fast way around. I really hope I can make the next round at Infineon.