Main Menu

Masters of the Mountain Series at MMP

Started by AFM937, October 05, 2009, 07:04:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFM937

Thank you to all you guys who wished me well this past weekend. So check this out!! What a really crazy weekend. But first I have to give Steve at 2wcp a really big thank you for loaning me his pickup to even go. He offered it because my fuel pump is going out in my truck. Any we get to the track Friday night around 11:15 pm and its freezing the wind is blowing and we are like maybe this was a bad idea. Its too cold to set up camp so we sleep in the cab of the truck but we unload the race bike and roll it into the womans restroom because the mens was already full of bikes. We get up around 6:30 and its reported to be 31 degrees. We meet up with James Mackay ( Jimi Mack) our Reno buddy who invited us to go and set up our pits next to each other. We go sign in and suit up missing one session (too cold). We go out and ride the full track WOW 23 turns 4.486 miles. I just took my time learning the track. James was trying to tow me around but I needed to figure out where I was going first. Anyway before long we were both running in the 3.17 per lap. The Sat practice has two groups fast/slow and the split is 3.20. We practiced all day and signed up for the sat. James ended up blowing his engine on his ZX10. He didn't crash or anything but lost power and it sounded really bad. He signed up for Formula 5 Bikes 5 years and older and took and second place finish in his race running a 3.24.4? I entered 3 races, open superbike and finished 10th, novice GTO finished second and formula 4 which was a hair ball RAIN!!!!! race to finish 4th with dot tires. The top 3 all had rain tires. That race was really cool to do but like I said HAIRBALL!!!!!. My best time of the weekend was 3.12.75. Not too bad for my first time there and considering that it was windy as hell and trying to rain all day sunday. What a great event to attend and everyone was really cool and helpful alot like an SSA day. To my wife Gwen your awesome!!!!
SLAYING A DRAGON

just kidding peeps

Adiggity

Good job Eddie. Oh, and what are you doing running novice, you sand bagger?!  :) What did you think about the track?

2wcp

Good job Eddie. I'm just glad you were able to make it and represent the Reno guys very well for your first time at the track.
2 Wheel Custom Performance
2536 Sutro St Suite 12
Reno, NV 89512
775-303-1857
steve@2wcp.com
www.2wcp.com
Tues-Fri 10a-6p
Sat 10a-5p

youngster775

right on man! good job ;D wish I couldve made it to watch
2006 R1-50th,2004 R6 trackbike,2005 GSXR-600,2001 ZX6 trackbike,2005 YZ-250F

Justin

Very nice of you to thank your wife, Gwen.  It's a huge commitment for a family to have a racer in it.
Congrats on your "1st Place with DOT's"   Very impressive, Eddie!