Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

July 24-26, 2009 SSA Trackday

Started by MotoPutz, July 06, 2009, 08:50:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

com3

hey everyone... i totally realized tonight that i screwed up on the pics.  there were still ~600 pics from all three groups on SUNDAY that i somehow missed and didn't sort in with the general pic population...  "wtf?!" i know, huh?  hahah!  anyways, i'm rebatching out the photos from SUNDAY and i'm going ro reupload them all tonight.

check in the morning and you'll find that there's probably 2 or 3 different corners/angles in there that you didn't see at the track or online before. 

my bad!  heehee.  thanks everyone!

XIII

^I mentioned to peter that he had this awesome shot from Toe(?) in a corner that was practically on his face...I didn't have one of that. It was an awesome angle to say the least.

com3

Quote from: KazeXIII on July 30, 2009, 11:46:09 AM
^I mentioned to peter that he had this awesome shot from Toe(?) in a corner that was practically on his face...I didn't have one of that. It was an awesome angle to say the least.

it depends on your line...  this is the same spot; you're just on a different line, so it's not so "in your face."

this is what it looks like when you hit the right line:

Oneup

02 KX250, 04 GSXR1000, 07 CBR600rr

Adiggity

Quote from: Rick Tahoe on July 29, 2009, 06:57:36 PM
It's all right Andy!! Thanks :) I'm ready again for the next track day at Fernley to make the turn 9A perfectly each time better and better.

Nice! That's the attitude I like to see.  :)

QuoteAfter that I'm gonna to Buttonwillow at Aug 30. So much fun. Nice you're going for the next SSA track day than you can help me to do not make stupid mistakes anymore... ;D Pleeeeeease ;D

Buttonwillow is a fun track. Long drive but still a fun track. Worth the trip if you ask me. Since you asked so nicely I guess I will say yes...but no guarantee you won't make any stupid mistakes.  :P Even the best guys crash now and again. It's part of the game, especially if your pushing yourself to improve.

QuoteMaybe I need to change the right brake levers because it is a little bit bent...

If it is still comfortable for you, you don't "need" to change it unless it is for cosmetic reasons. If you have to reach for it or don't like how it feels because it's bent I would definitely recommend replacing it.  8)

XIII

Quote from: com3 on July 30, 2009, 11:48:03 AM
Quote from: KazeXIII on July 30, 2009, 11:46:09 AM

it depends on your line...  this is the same spot; you're just on a different line, so it's not so "in your face."

this is what it looks like when you hit the right line:

I'm gonna go hunting for that angle next time out!  ;D

n10sive

Quote from: KazeXIII on July 30, 2009, 04:58:58 PM

Hit the cones :)
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

Dragone

Quote from: com3 on July 30, 2009, 12:39:09 AM
hey everyone... i totally realized tonight that i screwed up on the pics.  there were still ~600 pics from all three groups on SUNDAY that i somehow missed and didn't sort in with the general pic population...  "wtf?!" i know, huh?  hahah!  anyways, i'm rebatching out the photos from SUNDAY and i'm going ro reupload them all tonight.

check in the morning and you'll find that there's probably 2 or 3 different corners/angles in there that you didn't see at the track or online before. 

my bad!  heehee.  thanks everyone!

Noticed that I had a couple in kawi green that I do not have, but that is ok.  Are there any more?

XIII

Quote from: n10sive on July 30, 2009, 05:30:29 PM
Quote from: KazeXIII on July 30, 2009, 04:58:58 PM

Hit the cones :)

Okay, I'll make sure to stick my hand out next time  ;D

n10sive

Quote from: KazeXIII on July 30, 2009, 06:33:21 PM

noooo....with your elbow mang! LOL
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

XIII

Quote from: n10sive on July 30, 2009, 07:17:44 PM
Quote from: KazeXIII on July 30, 2009, 06:33:21 PM

noooo....with your elbow mang! LOL

Tell ya what, I'll compromise with ya I'll drag the side of my forearms instead! haha.

Dandelion

funny thread about the photos of a rider who crashed at this trackday (he's fine)

http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=303589

XIII

Quote from: Dandelion on August 02, 2009, 12:56:22 PM
funny thread about the photos of a rider who crashed at this trackday (he's fine)

http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=303589

OMG, that thread is ruthlessly funny! I checked the thread early on without the pics and it took a turn FTW without me knowing!  ;D