Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

PTT 06/09 Photos and Videos

Started by Yard Sale, June 28, 2009, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yard Sale

Link to SmugMug gallery (for larger pictures and slideshow feature)

Yard Sale

JENX!!!

THAT WAS AN AWSOME WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D
Here's Joey with my GOPro....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8pZB1gjkmM
Hi my name is jenx and im a track junky.....

dmh2000

Saturday Group C was a crashfest. Not sure what was going on but on one session there were at 5 crashes, maybe 6. The track was a little crowded. Otherwise it was clear and clean. Here's one. The bambulance had to go out but I don't think the guy was hurt too bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Lm0LADEyZ4

I had fun but PTT could try a little harder on the safety side. On the sighting lap, even the 'instructor' cut into the line on turn one. I saw several close calls there. The track/flag crew was pissed. people passing on yellows, two guys in the B group ignored a red flag on the front straight. So different from an SSA or Keigwins day.

dave

XIII

JENX!!!

Hi my name is jenx and im a track junky.....

Dragone

nice vid.  roll on the throttle I think it is T3-4 just before that knarly right hand up hill one.  I blew that corner a couple of times.

D1NO

Great weekend and videos... Jenx hauling ass and Joey just showing ass!!! :-*

z1rider

Quote from: D1NO on June 29, 2009, 11:43:25 PM
Great weekend and videos... Jenx hauling ass and Joey just showing ass!!! :-*
LOL! Thanks to all you SSA'ers out there, it made it that much more fun!

Yard Sale

Yard Sale

dmh2000, that looked like the older land yacht Kawasaki 600 ZX-6 I saw in the pits. Guys were leaning it over saying, "Yeah these parts will touch first." So I guess it might have had ground clearance issues and suffered the same fate as Dino's GSXR.

The target fixator sure made a nice swerve at the last moment.

XIII

Quote from: Yard Sale on June 30, 2009, 08:28:15 AM
Following Dino on his ill-handling ZX-10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiFVMpuCcS0

Remember when I apologized for passing you and then raising my hand AFTER the final turn because I thought the session was over and didn't realize it? I thought that I freaked you out and I felt bad since that is not where you are supposed to pit out. :'( Anyway, check out the last portion of that vid and you'll know what I mean. You passed Dino to show him your lines, then an instructor passed and finally, I passed as well. Then the instructor went to the pits prompting my early exit as well. What is up with the instructor doing that though?

Dino: IMO a lot of early apexing from that bike is what I noticed :shrug Otherwise, looking good man! :thumbup

Team Gorgonzola

Apart from the 748 not running and having to go get the 916 back to Reno the weekend was a bomb!! The company was great, lots of fun, laugh and fast riding. Thank you all, especially Dino for help me try to get the 748 running and always been ready to help with anything... you da man ;D
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

Yard Sale

Alberto would you believe my recorder failed to capture the laps I followed you? I'm very upset because it also failed to capture Cory Call's wheelie past me, his backing it in to 12, and his huuuuge backing it in to 13. (Yes that's right, I kept up with him from 12 to 13, and even 14 before he was gone!)

QuoteRemember when I apologized for passing you and then raising my hand AFTER the final turn because I thought the session was over and didn't realize it? I thought that I freaked you out and I felt bad since that is not where you are supposed to pit out.  Anyway, check out the last portion of that vid and you'll know what I mean. You passed Dino to show him your lines, then an instructor passed and finally, I passed as well. Then the instructor went to the pits prompting my early exit as well. What is up with the instructor doing that though?
Oh that was you with the instructor. PTT's track exit procedure has got to go! It is nonsense. If you are exiting the track you must go wide entering and through the final turn, period. I will lead the revolt at the next riders meeting. Ryan almost ass-packed somebody at 90 mph because of it.

Yard Sale

Just in case there was any doubt as to how those long black streaks appeared at corner entries. start here and click Next repeatedly...

http://gotbluemilk.com/web090628/2cory/imagepages/image15.html

:o  ;D  :o