Main Menu

Track Day at Reno Fernley Raceway - April 20th - Big Fish Stories

Started by Admin CATZ, April 20, 2008, 03:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

russtman

Need  money!!!!   WILL WORK FOR TRACK DAYS.

A DRAGON

Whooo  look at the Justin. Your a bad seed now. And turning into a pretty good rider. Let me know when the roads you used to ride that were twisty. Get to be straighter.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

n10sive

OK. Now I know why it was so cold that day. It was the weekend of the Comstock Shootout (major soccer tournament held in carson every year). I kid you not, every year the weekend of this shootout is cold and windy. There has not been one weekend in 10 years where it hasn't. So next year, let's look at the soccer calendar and avoid that weekend like the plague! LOL
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

A DRAGON

See what happens when I put you in charge of picking our days for a Track Day. I guess I'll never learn.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Yard Sale

QuoteRight hander S before hoot is correct.  Your bike made a mark from the edge of the curbing (on the apex)clear to the other side of the track.  I helped collect your bike, but didn't see the crash.  A veteran rider duplicated the crash dynamics later in the day on the same spot.
In  the final A session I took the F4i out and on the first lap the rear spun up there. I wasn't hardly leaned over and wasn't hardly on the gas; I ride like a grandma on the first lap on cold tires. Maybe there was something on the track there?

dragxs11

"Maybe there was something on the track there?"

The asphalt is rough there next to the rumble strip.  Now it makes more sense to me.  The bike will cope on warm tires, but that spot was intimidating to me for awhile.  Apparently for good reason.  I apologize to all for shutting down the track for a bit.  Again, I've spent most of my track time on C course, and I should know better than to have let this happen.
One thing I wanted to find out tho...  I timed C course at 2:52 running my usual pace.  What group would that put me in?  Usually there are only a few of us out there on Mondays, so it's hard to tell if I suck or if I do OK.
Matt

russtman

You belong in A group -----  you Sand Bagger!!!    :-*    Nice time.    I run 2:59 in A

Glad to see you  didnt get hurt in you crash.

Russ

dragxs11

Thanks Russ, but let me say, thats w/out any traffic to deal with.  Add in a couple other bikes to distract me and it would likely change that time a bit.  I put myself in B imagining myself stuck in the middle of 30 bikes or so.  I figured that would take some getting used to.  And a couple times I've been passed by literbikes like I was walking so...

russtman

I bet your pucks are all scratched up ------you belong in the A group my friend.   ;D

If you are intimidated just go out after every one else goes like I do ,, but you wind up catching some of the A's as well anyway. 

Just ride in the group you feel most comfortable in and ENJOY!!!  Repeat, Repeat , Repeat.  ;)

A DRAGON

Your right vanillie. Just be comfortable and ride to your own level.  Which ever group you chose just keep your line. A group can be kinda tuff when riders pass you so close. But don't worry don't do anything  to change your line. just keep looking ahead, where you wana go.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750