Main Menu

Track Day at Reno Fernley Raceway - April 20th - Big Fish Stories

Started by Admin CATZ, April 20, 2008, 03:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

n10sive

Quote from: Resistor on April 21, 2008, 01:06:26 PM
I think Andy was refering to the guy Dean ran over...

ah. When I looked up Geoff May I saw a video of him passing on the inside. oh well :)

That guy he ran over was a friend of my sons. He was laughing that he was OK until Dean hit him and planted his face into the ground. Got some nice road rash on his face shield.

He was back out and riding. He was pretty happy that he could re-tech his bike and get back out later.
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

Resistor

Quote from: n10sive on April 21, 2008, 01:24:29 PM
When I looked up Geoff May I saw a video of him passing on the inside. oh well :)

Here is the video to watch...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nhTR6CXJYI

Quote from: n10sive on April 21, 2008, 01:24:29 PM
That guy he ran over was a friend of my sons. He was laughing that he was OK until Dean hit him and planted his face into the ground. Got some nice road rash on his face shield.
I don't see how he was laughing that he was OK, they crashed at the same time...he went down right in front of Dean and he hit him.   Unless he was laughing while he was crashing.
2005 GSXR-600

russtman

Need  money!!!!   WILL WORK FOR TRACK DAYS.

n10sive

Quote from: Resistor on April 21, 2008, 01:32:26 PM
I don't see how he was laughing that he was OK, they crashed at the same time...he went down right in front of Dean and he hit him.   Unless he was laughing while he was crashing.

He was laughing (in the pits) about wrecking then getting hit. He said he went down, then something hit him in the back of the head and pushed his face into the track...then all he tasted was dirt. He also knew he was responsible. Was one of those 'cold tire' things.

BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

Adiggity

Quote from: Resistor on April 21, 2008, 01:32:26 PM
Here is the video to watch...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nhTR6CXJYI

Yep Russell, that is the one I was referring to. Although it doesn't really fit, because Dean ran the guy over yesterday, May just launched off of Hacking's bike.....but you got the point.

Quote from: russtman on April 21, 2008, 01:51:31 PM
That Geoff May crash is sickening to watch.      :'(

The amazing thing there was Geoff May was ok. My jaw was on the floor when I saw that. Jaime Hacking was lucky to not get run over there! It was definitely hairy there for a minute. It's all about timing.... :o

russtman

Yea, that coulda been  the wrong place at thewrong time for Hacking.   Thank god , he didnt get hit trying to get off the track.   ::)

yzinger

ya great day all in all guys. definitly worth the next time...which is when? June?

Adiggity

Quote from: yzinger on April 21, 2008, 04:07:54 PM
ya great day all in all guys. definitly worth the next time...which is when? June?
Yes, it will be on June 8th and another on Oct 5th. I should be able to ride MY bike on those days!!

Resistor

Quote from: n10sive on April 21, 2008, 01:56:37 PM
He was laughing (in the pits) about wrecking then getting hit. He said he went down, then something hit him in the back of the head and pushed his face into the track...then all he tasted was dirt. He also knew he was responsible. Was one of those 'cold tire' things.
gotcha  ;)
2005 GSXR-600

mase

I must say, I was a little worried at first.  But by the end of the day I think it was ran as well as any track-day company runs their show.  Tech/Reg.  was smooth, the groups were put together well and there was great communication.

Joe did a wonderful job taking pics.  I'm looking forward to another one.  A little warmer would be nice.  But overall excellent job.

CBR Monster
Sean Mason

russtman

Adiggity

Justin

Quote from: dragxs11 on April 21, 2008, 07:50:49 AMI heard I lowsided in turn 3.  But I thought I remembered being in the right hander ess curve before the hoot-n-holler.
Matt
Right hander S before hoot is correct.  Your bike made a mark from the edge of the curbing (on the apex)clear to the other side of the track.  I helped collect your bike, but didn't see the crash.  A veteran rider duplicated the crash dynamics later in the day on the same spot.  His marks almost paralleled yours. I'm glad your doing well!

Justin

Big fish? I don't think so BUT I AM officially a knee dragger. 8)

Team Gorgonzola

Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-