Main Menu

Track Day at Reno Fernley Raceway - April 20th - Big Fish Stories

Started by Admin CATZ, April 20, 2008, 03:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin CATZ

Sorry I didn't get out to the track but I'm curious as to how it went.  I would also like to give some Kudos to everyone who voulunteered and participated in the event  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

weavefish

I have no big fish tales sorry (didnt get to bring my bike out) but i still had a blast. cant wait for the next track day so i can ride.
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

XIII

I crashed but this time around it was because I am tire naive. (10 psi over per tire per internets = fail). I let out some air and the rest of the day went good. Watched riders on C group and poached (per Jerome description) half the time...The SSA attracts a great set of riders and it showed on todays trackday. Good job to everybody involved especially Jerome and the track staff maintstays for the day. Thank you's all around.

n10sive

The day went really really well. There was a minor hiccup in the morning when it was discovered on the sighting laps that RFR had set up the wrong course. They quickly reset the course and away everyone went. There was not a lot of grumbling about the missed time as it was pretty cold and windy so everyone was just waiting for it to warm up anyway.

Registration and Tech went fast and well. ScotInExcile and his bride Beth did a GREAT job at the starting grid and being 'track' manager. They deserve a special "well done".

With the cold there was some 'cold tire' mishaps but there was no major losses. All in all it was a great day and everyone that came out had fun. Was a good crowd too. No idiots.

I think the next track day is going to be even better!!!

BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

CBR Dave

Sorry I couldn't make it out everyone.  I had a call-out and had to work today.  Really wanted to be there to help out.
I hope you all had a great time.

A DRAGON

Allen you and Beth were outstanding! We couldn't have paid some one to do a better job. Beth never missed a beat on the mike. You kept everything running so well. Sorry I kept trying to take control. Thanks for putting up with me. Alberto, You jumped right in with both feet and took control of check-ins You and Tabatha were a match made in Trailer. Caroline You to were outstanding thanks for doing what ever it took. Luke good thing you suggested the second Lap top. You got yours up and runnig and It worked well. We looked like we had done this before. Johnny thanks for seeing the need. Your were fantastic taking the Money and maning the computer. You guys really made us look good. I my self got so much satisfaction watching everyone have a part in the Track day. It takes people like you to make this thing happen. Karen you to just saw a need and manned a radio and helped. I was very impressed. The Crew in the Yellow shirts were Johnny on the spot. You members did a fabulous job. Having you out there made a difference. Russell you and beth were also all over that Tech. Sorry I didn't line you out sooner. I forgot. My Bad. But thanks again for not being afraid of taking control and seeing the need.  The Sighting lap crew Justin,Tarik,Andre, both Russell's, Alberto, Giuseppe,Greg, Myron, Johnny and Jeff and Ron. I'm trying to remember everyone. For the ones I forgot it was not because you meant any less than the rest. I'm so sorry You all made it happen and Andre making a effort to help clean up was the best. Making sure the paddoc was clean was so considerate because we willl always be welcome at the track because we left it the way we found it. Just having all the club help was so wonderful. You all deserve the credit. I just watched you do your thing. I was so filled to see everyone helping and having so many smiles. Even when we made a mistake we laughed and never got mad at each other. Dustin Thanks for your help on the Dragon Wagon. You and your friend were commited to helping out on a cold windy day. Thanks. For the ones who wanted to help and couldn't make it because of what ever. I'm sure we'll see you on the next SSA Track Day.  ;D
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

dragxs11

Hey Guys, thanks for putting on a great day.  To Jerome, and anyone else whos interested, I ended up with a sprained ankle and a concussion, but I think I'll be back again if my wife lets me.  My bike suffered significant left side damage but I think it's worth fixing.  You guys said it... cold tires and I guess a rumble strip didn't work together very well.  I don't remember wiping out, but I know I was in "auto pilot" following the leader and not paying close enough attention.  Stupid, I know.  The bike had never run better and I had hoped to make it into A later in the day.
Did anyone in B see me go down??  I'd like to know more about what happened.  I heard I lowsided in turn 3.  But I thought I remembered being in the right hander ess curve before the hoot-n-holler.
Matt

NVKrawler

No big fish stories from me...

Just wanted to post up my thanks and make it known, you guys did a KILLER job putting that together and running it, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

It was my second trackday and i learned a lot, very successful day. Also, like noted above, what a GREAT group of people that showed up, i expected some idiots but it was just perfect!

A DRAGON

Matt so happy to hear nothing life threatening. The bump on the head will heal up when it's ready. every concussion is different. Thanks for letting us know how you are. hopefully we'll see you at the next track day in June.  Gods speed to you.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

MotoPutz

russtman

WHAT A GREAT  AND  SUCCESSFUL  TRACK DAY EVERYONE !!!!!!!!!!!   :-*

Aside from the weather and a few mishaps on the track , it was an awesome SSA track day.    I think we should go ahead and get the other day in JULY.      Great effort on everyones part, it really came together nicely.     WELL DONE EVERYONE.    I look forward to the next one.

Russ
Need  money!!!!   WILL WORK FOR TRACK DAYS.

n10sive

Only big fish story from me was in the first session of C group I got passed on the inside going into Turn 1. Lost my concentration as he passed just as I was leaning in. I had to straighten up a bit and didn't have the experience to get back on the race line and went Motocrossing through 1A. Was a bit spooky but didn't panic, hit the brakes, or do anything stupid so made it through fine.

Had fun the rest of the day learning the new bike. Didn't even notice the cold once I got riding and the wind only seemed to bother me going into a couple of turns.

All in all was a great day!

Adiggity

Now knowing the guy turned out to be ok, I'll mention Dean Pacich pulled a Geoff May on somebody...  :D  :o

n10sive

Quote from: Adiggity on April 21, 2008, 10:47:50 AM
Now knowing the guy turned out to be ok, I'll mention Dean Pacich pulled a Geoff May on somebody...  :D  :o

*grumble*  >:(

thought the guy was too fast for C!!  ;D

Resistor

2005 GSXR-600