Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

Track days with Lessons

Started by Trader914, June 03, 2009, 11:41:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trader914

Im a total newbie rider here so..I may be repeating this question.
Does anyone know of any Track days at the RFR WITH riding lessons?

I know about the Track day on 7/25, 26 and 8/16 ... but I was told that those track days do not offer any professional riding lessons.

mase

Most Track day companies run a classroom with the novice group (C or B-, depending on what company y9ur going to ride with)

The track day on the 27 and 28 with Pacific Track Time would be good.  It does not have what some might call a 1 on 1 lesson but they do have classroom time aswell as track time.  You can also grab any of the "instuctors" they have working and they will be more than happy to help you.  They are a good organization.  I think you will find what you are looking for. 

Unless you are looking for something like the CHP riders training course. 
Sean Mason

Mike

Check out the Zoom Zoom novice school at RFR in June really can't go wrong with them.
http://zoomzoomtrackdays.com/ti/zoomzoom/index.html

Track It!.

Member of the SSA since 1996

Adiggity

Both the previously mentioned providers are good. I would say Z2 is probably the best one for new to the track riders. Pacific Track Time and Keigwins are both good as well. You will have to be a little more proactive in finding help with them as opposed to Z2. Unfortunately none of them, as far as I know offer a "school" at RFR yet. You will have to go to Thunderhill for that and I would recommend Keigwins for a school.
http://keigwin.com/
http://pacifictracktime.com/ti/ptt/index.html
http://zoomzoomtrackdays.com/ti/zoomzoom/index.html

But Rich Oliver is offering a school at RFR in October. You can check that out too.
http://www.richoliver.net/RoadRaceCamp.html

weavefish

What kinda lessons are you looking for? track, street? as was said Zoom Zoom has tons of instructors and the have classroom time right after the "C" Group session is over... its realy good and doesnt cost anything... just pay for the track days( C group has the classroom stuff... all groups have instructors available) that would be my suggestion to you...

good luck... see you at the track hopefully
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

Trader914

I am a new rider with Ninja 250. I still don't know how to ride well. I figured the best way to improve my skills is to take a racing/track lesson(s). I am not interested in racing at all - just improve my street riding skills.  I am planning to put on 3000+ miles on the 250 and then move up to a bigger bike next season.

Adiggity

Quote from: Trader914 on June 04, 2009, 03:32:37 PM
I am a new rider with Ninja 250. I still don't know how to ride well. I figured the best way to improve my skills is to take a racing/track lesson(s). I am not interested in racing at all - just improve my street riding skills.  I am planning to put on 3000+ miles on the 250 and then move up to a bigger bike next season.
I would recommend a novice school with Keigwin then. But as I said before you will have to go to Thunderhill in CA for that. It's only 3 hrs from Reno so not too bad and it is a great track!

Btw, good for you taking it to the track to learn and sharpen your skills. That is the best and imo, the only place to learn and sharpen them. *thumbs up*  :)

weavefish

Quote from: Trader914 on June 04, 2009, 05:03:14 PM
I think I will go with this first:

http://zoomzoomtrackdays.com/ti/zoomzoom/20090620rr.html

thats a good choice... i was just about to mention that class... you will learn alot. ill see you there
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

Trader914

Due to scheduling conflict, I have decided to go with the Pacific Track Time's RFR trackdays on 6/27 and 6/28.
Has anyone been to PTT's sessions?
Any thoughts?
I will be taking the Intermediate (Group C) sessions.

Trader914

I just spoke with a girl who answered the phone at PTT (Bess).
She assured me that it was perfect for her last year when she was in same situation as I am currently in (I have about 1500 miles on my bike).
I'm kinda conflicted at the moment.
It's $200 for 2 days..... I dont think I can go TOO wrong with PTT....you think?
I just can not change my schedule on 6/20 and I dont want to wait until 10/10 for the Z2 classes again.
Im sure Im developing some bad habits every time I got out.

Yard Sale

The coolest, slowest, most laid-back track day I ever did was with PTT. Also the craziest, fastest track day I ever did was with them. Just don't get on the track with the A group by mistake. (Somebody from C group on an SV650 actually did that and lived to tell about it.)

QuoteIntended for riders looking to ride in a non-competitive atmosphere. We recommend attending
our Racetrack Orientation Class for new track riders as an introduction before your first track
   session. Courteous, safe passing is permitted with at least a 6' cushion. On and off track
   guidance is available just let registration know.
Sounds good to me. I know they have an instructor with a Ninja 250, I think his name is Craig, so he won't even have to wait for you on the straights.

Adiggity

Quote from: Trader914 on June 08, 2009, 03:04:23 PM
I just spoke with a girl who answered the phone at PTT (Bess).
She assured me that it was perfect for her last year when she was in same situation as I am currently in (I have about 1500 miles on my bike).
I'm kinda conflicted at the moment.
It's $200 for 2 days..... I dont think I can go TOO wrong with PTT....you think?
I just can not change my schedule on 6/20 and I dont want to wait until 10/10 for the Z2 classes again.
Im sure Im developing some bad habits every time I got out.
Cool man. PTT is a great provider. You will have a great time. Just don't be afraid to seek help and ask Bess who you should talk to about instruction when you go to registration first thing in the morning.  8)

Trader914

Yea...Im going to try the PTT event.
Unfortunately, Im busy on 6/27 (!!!!) also....so looks like Im going to have to settle for just one day on 6/28 for $140.
Oh well.

mase

Cool.  I have a buddy going up with me who will be in the C group also.  You'll have fun.
Sean Mason