Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

Miller roll call

Started by Yard Sale, May 15, 2009, 11:51:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BayAreaTom

Quote from: Adiggity on June 02, 2009, 08:38:35 AM
Yeah, with the 9 confirmed from our group and the 3 of you, that would make 12. We were planning on getting a couple garages and that would put 6 bikes in each garage. That comes out to exactly what we had in mind as far as capacity per garage. The only thing I will request is that we have a little courtesy for the others in the garage whom we are sharing with. i.e. don't leave your stuff (tools, gear, parts) laying around. If some of you have never been, there is plenty of room for 6 bikes and some of your essentials as long as everyone doesn't have all of their stuff in there. You can park your vehicles just outside the garage and leave your stuff in there.

Oh, and speaking of, how does everyone feel about pitching in $20/day to help the club absorb the costs of the garages? I think that is still a good deal. Ideas/comments?

$40 per person for the weekend is a value, count us in.

CC Rider

Quote from: Adiggity on June 02, 2009, 08:38:35 AM
Quote from: BayAreaTom on June 01, 2009, 09:25:03 PM
Quote from: Yard Sale on May 15, 2009, 11:51:43 AM
Here's a poll to help SSA with the head count for the garage and stuff.

Hi!

I met some of you guys at Keigwin's Laguna trackday. My buddies and I, Jason and Mike, had dinner with Jerome and crew at the local pizza place. 

During dinner Jerome mentioned sharing garage space at Miller.  I don't want to crash the party, but if you guys are ok with it and have space, we'd love to share costs on the garage if you have space for 3 more bikes.

Yeah, with the 9 confirmed from our group and the 3 of you, that would make 12. We were planning on getting a couple garages and that would put 6 bikes in each garage. That comes out to exactly what we had in mind as far as capacity per garage. The only thing I will request is that we have a little courtesy for the others in the garage whom we are sharing with. i.e. don't leave your stuff (tools, gear, parts) laying around. If some of you have never been, there is plenty of room for 6 bikes and some of your essentials as long as everyone doesn't have all of their stuff in there. You can park your vehicles just outside the garage and leave your stuff in there.

Oh, and speaking of, how does everyone feel about pitching in $20/day to help the club absorb the costs of the garages? I think that is still a good deal. Ideas/comments?

Oneup

Last year I think we were told that we were allowed only 4 bikes in each garage.  We might want to look into that.  Either way I am in for the garages, just let me know how much.
02 KX250, 04 GSXR1000, 07 CBR600rr

Adiggity

Quote from: Oneup on June 02, 2009, 07:22:08 PM
Last year I think we were told that we were allowed only 4 bikes in each garage.  We might want to look into that.  Either way I am in for the garages, just let me know how much.
That's funny. Who told you that? At last years endurance race at Miller I think we had like 7 or 8 in one garage. I have a phone call into Miller and I will let you know as soon as I hear back.

Yard Sale

No, don't ask; you don't want to hear them say no. It wasn't an issue at the WERA race with five bikes. If it's an issue, let them come by and evict us.

If we are constrained, or our number of riders is too big, perhaps we should think about a day garage. They also have air, electricity, and bathrooms.

Adiggity

Quote from: Yard Sale on June 03, 2009, 08:25:29 AM
No, don't ask; you don't want to hear them say no. It wasn't an issue at the WERA race with five bikes. If it's an issue, let them come by and evict us.

If we are constrained, or our number of riders is too big, perhaps we should think about a day garage. They also have air, electricity, and bathrooms.
I thought about that too. But I already have called them, so we will see what they say. I really doubt it'll be an issue. At the endurance races there were quite a few garages that had more than 4 bikes in them.

Adiggity

I just talked with Mitch Wright at Miller and he said there would be no issues with having 6 bikes per garage. He said they really have no limit to them. He said he would "recommend" no more than 5 or 6, but there isn't a "limit". He said the only problem they have with people using garages is that when there isn't anyone using the garage next to the one they rented people start "expanding" into the neighboring garages which they do not want. They have to maintain those garages and if it is not being rented they shouldn't have to maintain them. Just common courtesy. So please guys and girls, don't use the bathrooms in any of the unrented garages. Lets show them the same respect and courtesy they show us.

Just fyi, in my experience with Miller, everyone there is VERY professional and accommodating. It really is, in more than one way, the best track I have ever been to. I just hope they keep things the way they are there and people don't abuse the leniency.  :)

onceayear

Hopefully there is room for another bike. I love this event and it is the highlight of the track season.  Just let me know. Thanks.
Tom Melendrez

NVKrawler

Rode Miller 6/1... You guys are going to be in heaven!

Have a blast!

Adiggity

Quote from: onceayear on June 04, 2009, 08:11:00 AM
Hopefully there is room for another bike. I love this event and it is the highlight of the track season.  Just let me know. Thanks.
Tom Melendrez
We will see what we can do Tom. Don't be afraid to come look us up when you get there. You coming there alone?

A DRAGON

For the record. I'm In count me there to.

I'll call Tarik and see if he can make it.

WE should be cool with the space. Last year we all parked and a 45 degree angle and put our tools and gas behind our bikes and we had plenty of room to get around. Hopefully we can get our Garages together and that should take care of the expanding thing.

If I can get your money for the garages Saturday morning by check in that should be cool.

Remember they will have a big screen TV also. So you can plug in your Videos of the track. This is the one track day I really can't wait for. I love this track. And the company if  even better. ;)

Looking forward to seeing you again Tom. From Laguna. Thanks for getting in.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

onceayear

I will be the only rider and my wife will be observing. And after last year, a garage is a must. Miller is such an awesome track!
Tom

reno240sx

I thought I wasn't going to be able to make it, but I have enough money saved up. As long as I can find a ride I will be there too.

JENX!!!

Chip....you have email. :)
Hi my name is jenx and im a track junky.....

z1rider

To all you guys goin out to Miller, I wish you a safe and fun time out there!