Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

Miller Motorsports park hotel

Started by Oneup, May 05, 2009, 07:41:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oneup

I finally convinced my boss to let me have the weekend off for the Keigwin's Miller trackdays this year.  I am trying to do the same hotel that we did last year.  I can get a discount but I need to book the rooms in advanced.  Last year I think it came to 35 per person per night.  I think I can get it cheaper this year but I need to book within the next two weeks.  Anyone who is going to go this year and wants a hotel room just post up or pm me by the 17th of May.  I will reserve the rooms on the 18th.
02 KX250, 04 GSXR1000, 07 CBR600rr

Rick Bay (BRA)

Quote from: Oneup on May 05, 2009, 07:41:37 PM
I finally convinced my boss to let me have the weekend off for the Keigwin's Miller trackdays this year.  I am trying to do the same hotel that we did last year.  I can get a discount but I need to book the rooms in advanced.  Last year I think it came to 35 per person per night.  I think I can get it cheaper this year but I need to book within the next two weeks.  Anyone who is going to go this year and wants a hotel room just post up or pm me by the 17th of May.  I will reserve the rooms on the 18th.

How can you get cheaper? Is it depend for how many people you going to book?
Also, how did you guys do last year? When did you guys leave from Reno and how many riders can fit in one room?

Oneup

I get a discount through family but there are only limited rooms available.  The price doesn't go down with more rooms.  They are two bed hotel rooms and last year we had two people in each room.  When we go down there we try to be comfortable.  The closest hotel I get a discount at is about a half hour from the track.  We stayed there last year and it worked out pretty well.  It is about a seven to eight hour drive from Reno.  Last year most of us got to Salt Lake about 8p.m.  I'm not sure what time everyone will be leaving this year.  I'm coming from the Bay Area so I will be on the road by 6a.m.

Rick Bay (BRA)

Well, I’m not live in Reno either. I live in Tahoe City. Sounds very good to me! Please count me in and let me know when you need the money. Also I was wondering if we can save expenses on this trip like fitting more bikes in one truck for example. If we share things we save a lot of money. The reason that I’m saying this because I don’t think my old Jeep Comanche can get that far… ;D ;D ;D But I'll try if I do not get any help...

weavefish

SSA car pools so no worries there
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

Adiggity

Yeah Greg. Get two rooms for Jerome and I. We can get you the money whenever you le tus know how much and when you need it.

Rick Tahoe, you can ride with Jerome and I if you want. We have room. We just need to figure a way to get your bike here. Call me and we'll figure it out. 775-772-2136

Andy

Oneup

Do you each need a room or just one spot for each of you. I won't need money till we get to Miller.

Are you going this year Tom?

Adiggity

You said there are 2 beds per room right? We will need two of those, if there is in fact 2 beds per. Thanks man.  ;D

Yard Sale

Oneup, I need lodging.

We should probably arrange transport in another thread. I was going to suggest a B.F.T.  (Big Freakin' Trailer)

Rick Bay (BRA)

Quote from: Adiggity on May 06, 2009, 10:08:46 AM
Yeah Greg. Get two rooms for Jerome and I. We can get you the money whenever you le tus know how much and when you need it.

Rick Tahoe, you can ride with Jerome and I if you want. We have room. We just need to figure a way to get your bike here. Call me and we'll figure it out. 775-772-2136

Andy

That's awesome Andy!!!  ::) I'd love to go with you guys. Thanks a lot I really appreciate that though.  :)
I'll give you a phone call soon... Also there is no problem to take my bike down there Reno. Easy for me. :)

Hey Greg, please don't forget me alright!  ;D

This vocation gonna be "punk"
Thanks everyone  :P :P :P :P

Yard Sale

What's the name of the place we were in last year? I want to stay there again in a couple weeks for the WERA race.

Rick Bay (BRA)

Garage facilities!!! 8) 8)
Great!! We are exactly on month before my first track day at Miller. ;D ;D

Rick Bay (BRA)

How many riders are going to this event?

n10sive

Quote from: Rick Tahoe on May 13, 2009, 05:29:15 PM
Garage facilities!!! 8) 8)
Great!! We are exactly on month before my first track day at Miller. ;D ;D

the way you ride RFR, you should not have any problems there my friend. Get out there with some of the fast guys and learn a few things while there! :)
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike