Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

2016 Trackday Thread

Started by dub, February 15, 2016, 12:47:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dub

And so it begins, the 2016 trackday season is already upon us.

I'll be at Thunderhill this weekend. Despite a little weather moving in this week, the ridge of high pressure should build back in for the weekend; forecast is sunshine with temps mid 60s to low 70s.
Only $180/day during the "off-season". Sign up here http://www.keigwins.com/inc_orderpage_shop_selected.php
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

Sub-Sonic

Wow, Keigwins has a lot of days.

dub

Quote from: Sub-Sonic on February 15, 2016, 06:37:51 PM
Wow, Keigwins has a lot of days.

I know, it's kind of crazy. There is a weekend in June where they are at Thunderhill and Laguna simultaneously. And in October they are at Thill for 5 days in a row.

GreenMachine

Have a great time down there this weekend!  Look forward to hearing how it went.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

dub

The weather was so perfect. I wish it was like that all summer long at Thunderhill. 68 on Saturday, 72 on Sunday. A little chilly at night, but I brought a jacket.

The moon was almost full, so we went out for a moonlight mini dirtbike ride on Saturday night.

dub

BTW, here are the Keigwins@thetrack events I plan on attending this year (subject to change), if anyone wants to join me.

Feb 20/21 Thill
Mar 22/23 Thill (Novice School)
Apr 12/13 Laguna
May 2 Sonoma
May 7/8/9 Laguna
June 17/18/19 Laguna
Aug 15 Sonoma
Aug 27/28 Thill
Oct 5/6 Thill (intermediate/advanced School)
Nov 14 Sonoma
Nov 28/29 Laguna

Sub-Sonic

Quote from: dub on February 24, 2016, 08:13:11 PM
BTW, here are the Keigwins@thetrack events I plan on attending this year (subject to change), if anyone wants to join me.

Feb 20/21 Thill
Mar 22/23 Thill (Novice School)
Apr 12/13 Laguna
May 2 Sonoma
May 7/8/9 Laguna
June 17/18/19 Laguna
Aug 15 Sonoma
Aug 27/28 Thill
Oct 5/6 Thill (intermediate/advanced School)
Nov 14 Sonoma
Nov 28/29 Laguna

They have you listed as an Instructor, Congrats!  (maybe you have been with them awhile and I didn't know)

I'm going to look into a 5-pack and see what I can get in.

GreenMachine

Very cool to both ideas.   It would be cool to hook up with you guys and do a little sleep over.  Throwing it out there.  Ride down, hang out and watch, have beers in the evening, sack & tent, get up in the morning to ride back through the windiest country I can find.  8)
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

dub

Quote from: Sub-Sonic on February 24, 2016, 09:25:37 PMThey have you listed as an Instructor, Congrats!  (maybe you have been with them awhile and I didn't know)

I moved over to Keigwins last June when Ethan shut down Precision Trackdays.

Sub-Sonic

I am planning to go to Button this weekend.  Wanna try out the new Bridgestone S21 tires.

dub

I hadn't planned on going, but I've kinda been re-thinking. It will be a good weekend, perfect weather and light signups. Buttonwillow is fun, I could use more seat time there. But on the other hand there is that 6.5 hr drive...
I'll probably just stay in town and ride dirt bikes instead.

washyo

I'm going to Thunderhill June 11th w/Zoom Zoom, full 5 mile course (my favorite)-anyone going?

RichVee4

I've done the West course once and am signed up for the East course on June 6 with Keigwins. 
Live long and prosper \V/

dub

Quote from: RichVee4 on May 24, 2016, 06:22:53 AM
... am signed up for the East course on June 6 with Keigwins. 

Oh snap you are? Ok, I'll be there.

edit: Only the 6th? Your are staying for the 7th too, right? I mean, it's only a buck.

RichVee4

Thinking just Monday for now. I am planning to head down Sunday with Greg, will be his first full track day.  Wasnt sure if you'd be working so glad to hear you'll be down there.  I thought about changing to Tues when I heard about the $1 day but its too close to cancel < 2 weeks, smart of Keigwins.   Maybe this will keep Mondays group a little smaller if everyone waiting to sing up now goes for the Tues deal. 
Live long and prosper \V/