Main Menu

Dirt Ride 10/31, 11/01?

Started by slmoto, October 30, 2015, 07:55:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slmoto

Quote from: dub on October 31, 2015, 07:18:33 PM
Thanks for coming down guys. Sorry, that route was maybe a little more challenging that you had bargained for. Scott, that bike sucks, but you are doing really well on it! Get yourself on a more usable trail bike and you'll be loving life.

Thanks. Yeah, this bike's always been a challenge and I'm becoming more and more aware of it's downfalls. Really the only good thing about it is it got me into the sport but definitely getting time to upgrade.

The KTM 250 or 300 xc or xc-w are on the top of my list. Hopefully I have a great holiday season this year with my business and maybe I can treat myself to one if I do.

dub

The 300 is amazing; I love mine. It's easier to ride than the 250. It has so much power down low that you can lug it like a 4 stroke. You can just tractor it up the gnarly hills in 2nd without having to worry about keeping it on the pipe.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

slmoto

Good to know, i was leaning towards the 300 to help make up for my fat ass.

RichVee4

After we split and headed west,  I was surprised how far we had gone looking into Carson City.   We then intercepted the power lines and turned south.  We crossed a couple big washes but they kept getting bigger and steeper.  We bailed and headed farther down hill and found a road that followed carson river,  beautiful area.  Worth a return trip, fall colors along the river were amazing.  Pretty easy dirt road from there to the car.
Live long and prosper \V/

dub

Did another 50 mile trail ride on Sunday.

Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

slmoto

Nice, is that out around the same area we rode the day before, looks like similar landscape?
That's a good bit of back to back riding. Sounds like a great weekend.

I just lounged around Sun and got some things done at home and work. My legs were a bit sore but not too bad. I think it was from following you through the whoops earlier on Saturday's ride. You were taking them at a faster pace than I normally hit them. I did find your quicker pace through them to flow much better than the slower pace I normally take but I was also feeling that it was working my legs much more.