Main Menu

Roll Call - VC - Tahoe Loop 09/24/17

Started by GreenMachine, September 21, 2017, 03:00:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

This is our last scheduled Sunday ride for the 2017 ride season.  It went by fast, didn't it!

Clockwise loop, VC to CC, to S. Lake Tahoe home and around west lake.  Either return via north lake and Mt. Rose or through Truckee.  South route ride.

Planned 10:00 AM kickstands up (KSU)*.  Conditions are somewhat unpredictable and much cooler already.  This is a C pace ride, so all riders should feel comfortable with the pace.

RSVP** if you're planning on going.   If you do not RSVP, the ride may be canceled even if you had planned on showing up the day of the ride.  We'll depart on the ride as soon as everyone arrives and is ready, meaning, that if there are any newb riders, I will go over some of the key items they'll need to know.

South route ride.  Anticipate roadway water runoff along our route.

As always, see 2017 SSA Ride Schedule for everything that is expected of you and what you can expect.  *** Safety is paramount. ***

Hope to see you there.

* KSU dependent on when everybody is ready.
** RSVP - répondez, s'il vous plaît a.k.a. please reply.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

rg500nut

Sorry GM, ran out of time to finish and test the Gamma.  Have to pass.  Have fun........

RG
2 strokes always...............

MikeHoy

I'm in if you are.  Mike Hoy
Reply to:

Michael Hoy
2340 Skyline Boulevard
Reno, Nevada 89509
(775) 432-5582

GreenMachine

Quote from: rg500nut on September 23, 2017, 06:41:40 PM
Sorry GM, ran out of time to finish and test the Gamma.  Have to pass.  Have fun........

RG
You wanna try riding the other greenmachine?  I think the old batter wouldn't hurt it for one run.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

Sounds like a plan.  Sounds like it's going to be about five degrees warmer.  Meet you at the Maverik Country Store at the bottom of VC hwy.

GreenMachine

10:00 AM KSU if not later.  We can decide in the morning when we meet.  There's going to be shadows and sometimes that means patches of moisture on VC, so the pace all day will be C.

Got one more to go, so there are three of us now.

A DRAGON

THINKING ABOUT IT.  NOT SURE YET.  MY 16 YEAR OLD WANTS TO GET TOGETHER TOMORROW. I MIGHT HAVE TO PASS. ILL CHECK IN AT 9:30
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

GreenMachine

Super chilly out there right now, but the sun should warm things up here soon.  Expected 47* by 10:00 AM.  Dress warm.

I rode yesterday at about 11:00 AM and today's expected to be about 5 degrees warmer than that, so quite Spring-like, if you think about it.

Hope to see you here in a few.

Tahoebrian5

I might join you guys just for the VC to Carson leg if I can get to maverick in time. Aubin will be at my place at 9 so should make it. Don't wait for me though.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

GreenMachine

Got our group a little lost going around S. Lake, but what's the rush, right?   ???  For some reason I was thinking hwy 50 after the inspection point went around the lake.  The guys were good sports about it.  We were all just out enjoying the day of riding.

Chilly for most of the afternoon, but warm enough for RG to lunch in his shorts.  We were in the Sun though. 

Conditions for riding weren't half bad either.

Sorry, no pics from this ride.  Great seeing so many come out today for our last scheduled ride.  Enjoyable, relaxing and only a little spirited.  Just the right mix for the conditions.

Tahoebrian5

VC was a bunch of fun, thanks you guys, and nice to meet you Mike. Hope to get some more rides in before the sno flies.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.