Main Menu

Roll Call - Downieville & maybe La Porte too!

Started by GreenMachine, September 12, 2017, 11:15:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

North route departure.

Planned 9:30 AM kickstands up (KSU).*  Should be fantastic weather for riding, finally in the normal range of temps. 

This is one of our more fun short rides (less than 190 miles), taking us up into Sierras, with vistas, running rivers along side and warm weather to accompany for most of the day.  The group will decide if they want to take in a little more or head back.

Bring your camera if you can. Gold Lake loop should have some great picture opportunities of Sierra Buttes.

Lunch stop ideas:  Downieville or Quincy of course.  Sierraville has three choices, the diner at the T, the Mexican restaurant across the street or the deli with home made apple pies for dessert across the street from that. 

RSVP** if you're planning on going.   If you do not RSVP, the ride may be canceled even if you had planned on showing up the day of the ride.  Expect the group to depart on the ride as soon as everyone who has RSVP'ed is ready.

North route ride.  This is a minimum C level ride pace route, so all riders welcome.  Meet at Starbucks or thereabouts (if parking is an issue).

As always, see 2017 SSA Ride Schedule for everything that is expected of you and what you can expect.  *** Safety is paramount. ***

* KSU dependent on when everybody is ready.
** RSVP - répondez, s'il vous plaît a.k.a. please reply.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

A DRAGON

In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

GreenMachine

Wanna make it from Java Jungle this time, now that we have some advance warning?
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

CalTrans is doing road resurfacing from Downieville to 12 miles west of Downieville, both lanes.  Just an FYI.  We might want to consider 49 done once we reach the bridge.

Tahoebrian5

I'm in, you guys meeting at Sbucks or Java jungle?
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

GreenMachine

Your call.  I don't drink covfefe so, it doesn't matter to me.

Tahoebrian5

I knew there was something wrong with you.. You're one of Them.

I'll be at S bucks unless I hear different

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

A DRAGON

YEAH GUYS. LET'S MEET AT THE JUNGLE.  WE CAN ALWAYS RIDE ANYWHERE
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Tahoebrian5

GreenMachine

Roger, Jungle.  Glad I made the effort to check the night before.  But then, I think it'll only be us, so that's cool.

Saw RG tonight.  He was waiting in the wings trying to get his bike 100% operational before committing and one bridge too far made it so he couldn't go.

See y'all in the AM.  8)

GreenMachine

:egyptian

Something along the order of 350 miles today.  TB5 hadn't been to the lodge at Bucks Lake, so we stopped there for Tri-Tip.  Made even better by some horseradish.  Got some tips about the area too from the locals.  Interesting stuff.

The lodge closes for the season at the end of October, so we have about six more weeks left to enjoy the lake and mountain air.

Tahoebrian5

Good times, thanks everyone for a great ride. The tritip is definitely worth going back for some laps

GreenMachine

Tahoebrian5

What the hell, no like button available on this forum??!!