Main Menu

Roll Call - Lake Alpine swim ride 08/27/17

Started by GreenMachine, August 25, 2017, 04:31:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

South route departure.  Expecting 97° throughout the region as the high temp.  Great weather for jumping into the lake.

Planned 8:30 AM kickstands up (KSU).*  We'll stop for fuel at Costco in Carson City, so only take what you need to get there.  Then we'll probably also ride VC to CC, then take in Monitor over and back too beforehand to work up a sweat.  Probably ride into Topaz for the short range bikes if they need the fuel to out-n-back (Topaz, Bear Valley, Minden.

The will be a C+ ride pace, due to technical challenging single lane hwy 4.  Bring your suit under your gear or bring it along.  There are bathrooms at the lake that you can use as a changing room, if you like.

Lunch stop ideas:  Lake Alpine has a restaurant right next to it.  But if you'd like to bring a lunch for a little picnic, that'll be encouraged too.

RSVP** if you're planning on going.   If you do not RSVP, the ride may be canceled even if you had planned on showing up the day of the ride.  Expect the group to depart on the ride as soon as everyone who has RSVP'ed is ready.

South route ride.  This is a minimum C+ level ride pace route, so all riders welcome, but cautioned. 

As always, see 2017 SSA Ride Schedule for everything that is expected of you and what you can expect.  *** Safety is paramount. ***

* KSU dependent on when everybody is ready.
** RSVP - répondez, s'il vous plaît a.k.a. please reply.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

rg500nut

good call I just looked at Auburn weather 103 in Auburn Sunday, whew.......I'll probably try to join you......

RG
2 strokes always...............

A DRAGON

SOUNDS AWESOME.  LET'S MEET IN VIRGINIA CITY FOR COFFEE. ALBERTO GOES TO A REAL NICE SPOT. ILL CHECK WITH HIM. BUT ADD ALWAYS I'M OPEN TO ANYTHING (rg the trouble maker)
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

rg500nut

KSU @ 8:30 or what time at VC coffee?  I plan to meet you in Markleeville, if you are doing Monitor from 89 side back to Topaz side first.  I'll pick you up as you come through Markleeville, but I need some kind of time of planned departure so I can beat you there and be unloaded and ready for Dragon........

RG

A DRAGON

The Roasting House

55 N C Street, Virginia City, NV 89440
(775) 847-0708

https://g.co/kgs/RkFvMp
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

GreenMachine

Quote from: rg500nut on August 26, 2017, 05:11:31 PM
KSU @ 8:30 or what time at VC coffee?  I plan to meet you in Markleeville, if you are doing Monitor from 89 side back to Topaz side first.  I'll pick you up as you come through Markleeville, but I need some kind of time of planned departure so I can beat you there and be unloaded and ready for Dragon........

RG
Figure on us being at least two hours from Reno, maybe more due to coffee.  Just say 11:00 AM in Markleeville for KSU and we'll strive to meet that.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

Either of you watching the GP afterwards?  Be sure, if you find out the result, not to divulge any part of it.  Would be nice to catch the races after.  Give us something to get back to Reno early for.

A DRAGON

KOOL. LET'S MEET IN V.C. AT 8:30.  That way I can enjoy my coffaaa
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

A DRAGON

BUT I'M ALSO RECORDING THE FIGHT. WE CAN CHECK iT OUT at crib afterwards IF YOU'D LIKE TO COME OVER
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

rg500nut

thank you for the time commitment, makes it much easier.  Butttttt, what do you mean to get back early??,  I am under the impression if you get home from a ride before 11:00 PM, someone (RG), has pussied out..............

GreenMachine

Ha-ha.

It won't be that late RG, but you can sleep it off once home, I don't mind.

8:30 in VC now?  Now way I'll make that.  I'll barely make Maverik by that time.   :hangover

rg500nut

A DRAGON

SORRY GUYS THAT'S RETIREMENT TALK. GETTING BACK EARLY ITS BEFORE DARK.

AND I MEANT THE RACES ARE BEING RECORDED
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

A DRAGON

OH BY THE WAY. I'M HERE AT THE ROASTING HOUSE NOW
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650