Main Menu

Saturday 9/30 - 3-passes/Yosemite/mariposa little dragon loop

Started by dub, August 24, 2017, 01:11:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sub-Sonic

A DRAGON

HEY GUYS.  I HAVE SOME BAD NEWS.  I'M COMING ON THE RIDE ON SATURDAY.   CIRCUMSTANCES CHANGED.   I'M SO  STOKED.  I'll PACK SOME SHOES AND WHAT NOT.  FYI: THEY HAD A ROCK  SLIDE YESTERDAY AT MT. EL CAPTAIN.  SO SOME  OF THE LOWER ROAD IS CLOSED.  1 CLIMBER WAS KILLED.   
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

GreenMachine

That's terrible, bad news!  Okay, change of plan SS, I'll meet you by the "red tulips" 4 hours after the crow flies.

:P
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

A DRAGON

In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

GreenMachine

Dragon,

I'll let you pick our departure location.  We should probably be on our way around 9:00 AM from Reno.  I plan on topping off at the Costco in CC on the way down.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

Dragon?  I suppose I'll find out where you want to meet in the morning, in the morning?  Hope so.

Weather says Reno will be 51* and warming by 9:00 AM, heading up to 72*.

I'm going to head in the direction of the Costco in CC if nothing else.  Want to be in Markleeville by around 10:30 and head to the 89/4 T to wait for Sub-Sonic.

A DRAGON

LAST TIME WE LEFT VIRGINIA CITY AT 9:30 WE WERE IN MARKLEVILLE AT 10:45. I CAN MEET AT THE STARBUCKS AT THE SUMMIT MALL 8:30? YOU CAN ALWAYS TRY MY CELL. I SENT YOU YOU A TEXT TO BOTH NUMBERS.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

GreenMachine

8:30?  Damn!  Okay, I'll try.  See you down there.  I might be a few minutes late.

GreenMachine

GreenMachine

Leaving Yosemite tonight headed towards Mariposa at just before dusk, SS took point.  I saw him for about the next minute or two, then thought I could count on the one-way bridge up ahead to stop him and all the traffic.  I could meet back up with him then.

When I arrived, sure enough, there was a line of cars, but on SS.  He must have just made the light, b/c I got stuck by it fairly decent.  Ended up make the run to the central valley, including the little dragon on my own in the dark.  Saw a couple deer on the side of the road in a left hand turn.  Stupid little fawn ran towards the light, so I had to gas it go keep get by it before it had a chance to jump into my path and get run over.

No other instances and actually had quite a hoot passing cars from there on out.  The power the bike has down here is just amazing!

Hope everyone else made it to their destinations safely.

A DRAGON

GOT HOME ABOUT 7:40. DIDN'T HAVE TO DO EBBITS AT NIGHT.  SO THANKFUL. BUT DIDN'T EVEN HAVE TIME TO CLEAN THE BUGS OFF MY FACE SHIELD.  GOT TO GREEDY THOUGH.  CAME OVER VC AT NIGHT.  IT WAS PRETTY COOL PASSING CARS AND ESPECIALLY THOSE HARLEYS AT NIGHT.  HAD TOTAL TRUST IN THE ROAD AFTER GOING OVER IT EARLIER THAT MORNING. PROBABLY NOT ONE OF MY SMARTER MOMENTS. BUT EVERYTHING WORKED OUT.

GOT HOME. MAN I WAS FREEZING COLD. TOOK A LONG HOT SHOWER.  WENT TO THE OYSTER BAR WITH THE LADY FRIEND
FOR SOME CLAIM CHOWDER.  I WAS IN HEAVEN.

THANKS GREEN MACHINE AND SUBSONIC  FOR THE SATURDAY RIDE.  I COULDN'T RIDE SUNDAY BECAUSE MY SON'S COMING OVER TO COOK. YOU KNOW HOW IMPORTANT THAT STUFF IS. LOOKS LIKE MY SUNDAYS THUS FAR ARE TAKEN UP AS LONG AS THE WEATHER HOLDS.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Sub-Sonic