Main Menu

Carson City Flat Track

Started by dub, August 06, 2017, 04:23:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dub

CFTA Rd. 8 Carson City Pro/Am Western Championship Series is coming back to Fuji Park again on August 19th.

I'm gonna race my little pit bike again, it is such a hoot. If you have access to a 100, 125, 150 dirt bike you should come race too. Or at least hope to see some of you as a spectator again. After the idiots like me race the legitimate pros will be out there looking for championship points and purse money.

All info here in the FB event: https://www.facebook.com/events/689273354578548/?active_tab=about
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

GreenMachine

Could be fun.  We'll have to get there early to keep from fighting with someone over a seat.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

A DRAGON

SOUNDS LIKE SOMETHING I'D BE INTERESTED IN. GREEN MACHINE LET'S HOOK UP AND GO?
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

dub

I'm registered for 100cc Mod/150cc Stock Heads Up and 100cc-230cc Amateur.

But you won't see me race because the afternoon amateur program concludes before the grand stands open for the evening expert/pro program.

10:00 AM: Rear Gate Opens
10:30 - 12:30: Signup & Tech
12:45: Rider's Meeting
1:15: Practice
3:00 PM: Afternoon heats
4:30: Afternoon mains
6:00: Hard stop on afternoon program
5:45: Grandstand gate opens
7:00: Opening ceremonies
7:15: Racing begins
10:00: Complete

dub

I won the 100cc Mod/150cc Stock Heads Up class.

I finished 6th on track in the 100-230cc class. The winner was DQ'd for running a water cooled 2-stroke in an air cooled 4-stroke class. So I ended up w/ 5th. There were 10 starters, I was the only one on a hundred.

GreenMachine

Shoot, I put that off in the back of my mind thinking it was on the 21st or something.

Good going, Dub!  You da man!  Got any pictures?
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

RichVee4

Sweet!  Sounds like a lot of fun and would be a hoot to watch.  Guess you'll have to do it again next year so we can plan ahead better and come hang out.   
Live long and prosper \V/

slmoto

Nice work Dub!  :2cool

You going to step up to the next class next year?

I spent some time on the TT track in Hollister last month, it was addicting and so much fun. Wish I could do the small bike class but don't have a bike that would qualify and can't see buying one just for once a year thing plus I wasn't even able to make it to spectate this year. :(

dub

It's just my pit bike that I race; I wouldn't buy a bike solely for this either.

GreenMachine

Pocket change, pocket rocket!

dub

That would be even less suitable for flat track racing than the bike I already have.