Main Menu

Anyone riding tomorrow? (11-8)

Started by Tahoebrian5, November 07, 2009, 07:23:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tahoebrian5

I got my new PP 2ct's on and am ready to ride! Anyone in? If not how about some info on where's good, I havent ridden in over a month so am out of the loop on conditions.

Thanks!
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

edmunsan

I wish I can ride Sun but I rode Sat 11 7 had to try out my 06 BMW R 1200 RT I just got and went up Kingsburry down Spooner up V C truck route then down Gieger grade. With wife 2 up.Kingsburry had a couple damp spots in shaded areas as well as spooner west of summit at Cave Rock side. But V C truck route and Gieger was clear no leaves with a little sand from wind. Have fun B safe.
MOTOISM my desease from wich there is no cure.

n10sive

how did u like the new bike today? We'll definitely have to get out sometime soon.
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

wills

I went to Downeyville Sat, some wet spots but otherwise clean. I am thinking of going somewhere after lunch today, maybe Jacks Valley to Diamond Valley then over Monitor?
Stop Global Whining!
2015 1200RS
2018 H2 SE
Old Sprint Back East

Tahoebrian5

Thanks for the info! I'm planning out heading out around 10:30 or 11, Downieville sounds great! I was wondering if it was dirty but thanks to Wills I now have a plan. If anyone decides to go i'llk stop by the starbucks before heading out, prolly 10:45

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

wills

80 is also open, no lane restrictions! ;D What bike are you riding?
Stop Global Whining!
2015 1200RS
2018 H2 SE
Old Sprint Back East

GreenMachine

Brian,

I'll be there. "10:30 ish"   Sounds fun.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Tahoebrian5

I'll be about 10:45ish, brr, just stepped out side... colder than yesterday. I'm on the CBR, see you there.

GreenMachine

Quote from: Tahoebrian5 on November 08, 2009, 10:00:30 AM
I'll be about 10:45ish, brr, just stepped out side... colder than yesterday. I'm on the CBR, see you there.
Hope you're okay Bri.  Maybe I was at the wrong *$.  I went to the normal West McCarran/I-80 one.  Was there from 10:40-11:10 and decided to call Wills and join his ride this afternoon.  Sorry we didn't meet up.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Tahoebrian5

Sorry I missed you GM, I had some trouble getting my back wheel on and showed up at 11:15, it's pretty cold and I'm thinking of backing out of the downieville plan, have a good one

GreenMachine

You got that right!  Brrrr. Tires never warmed today.  BTW, did you ride down from Tahoe or is that just in your handle?

Wills, his son and I went to Monitor Pass via Genoa and VC.  Glad the guys posted about all the sand.  NO KIDDING!!   Still had fun, just at a casual pace. I thought Wills was being overly cautious until I pulled up close to him and saw the sand blowing off is rear tire.  On our way back we stopped in Markleeville for ice cream.  Some motorists thought we were crazy, but with 5 layers of shirts & fleece/balaclava, a waist trimming belt and full leathers (Michelin Man), the wind chill wasn't bad at all.  I should have taken a pic of us enjoying ice cream.  Forgot.

wills

This was an expensive ride! My rear tire is bald (on the sides) and the shifter is gone :o

Damn decreasing radius turns >:(

Thank God for E-Bay, a nice used shifter for $25, Kawasaki wants $70 :P

Looks like I'm riding the CBR for a while.
Stop Global Whining!
2015 1200RS
2018 H2 SE
Old Sprint Back East

GreenMachine

Actually, that's a good thing.  Now you'll have a spare.  ;D