Main Menu

Hayden goes DUCATI!!!!

Started by n10sive, August 19, 2008, 08:55:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSER 511

I HOPE THE BEST FOR HIM. THE DUCATI  IS A GREAT BIKE.

Oneup

I hope this becomes reality.  It's a better place for him than Honda.  Then he won't have Pedrobot as a teammate. :)
02 KX250, 04 GSXR1000, 07 CBR600rr

XIII

Best of luck to him. He's not on my fave list but I wish him all the best...unfortunately, I think that this is a very bad move for him. I hope I'm wrong but from what I've gathered, Hayden is not a adaptive rider. He likes a bike that works around him and his style. Case in point, Melandri. They are of different backgrounds and riding style but have the same issues. It would have worked better for him if he had bridgestones and stayed on the Honda. Just my two cents. Carry on folks!

Oneup

I agree that he isn't the most adaptive rider but I believe this is a great move for him because the Ducati is tailored more for his style.  He is a dirt tracker and does really well with higher power bikes.  One of the reasons he was so consistent on the 990.  Unfortunately I think that the 800s are more tailored to European riders than American.  Look at AMA superbike, Spies bike puts out the same if not more horsepower than moto gp bikes.  While I'm not a huge fan of him I think he will do well and it would be nice to see an American in contention again.  It's definitely a better move than Hopkins going to Kawasaki.

Adiggity

Quote from: KazeXIII on August 20, 2008, 01:10:25 AM
Best of luck to him. He's not on my fave list but I wish him all the best...unfortunately, I think that this is a very bad move for him. I hope I'm wrong but from what I've gathered, Hayden is not a adaptive rider. He likes a bike that works around him and his style. Case in point, Melandri. They are of different backgrounds and riding style but have the same issues. It would have worked better for him if he had bridgestones and stayed on the Honda. Just my two cents. Carry on folks!
Wow, I couldn't disagree more. I think it is a very good move for him and I think he has a much better shot on the current Duc than on the current Honda with his style... But we will just have to wait and see.

trent

I think this is a great move for him and I too am ready to see an american in the top class again. I wish him the best of luck...
There is absolutely no good excuse for what Im about to do !

XIII

Quote from: Adiggity on August 20, 2008, 08:44:32 AM
Quote from: KazeXIII on August 20, 2008, 01:10:25 AM
Wow, I couldn't disagree more. I think it is a very good move for him and I think he has a much better shot on the current Duc than on the current Honda with his style... But we will just have to wait and see.

I seem to get more disagrees than anything here  :P It's just my opinion anyway. I hope I'm wrong and he does well just to see more battles at the front, which is what I really care about. More battles FTW!

Adiggity

XIII

Quote from: Adiggity on August 20, 2008, 04:27:43 PM
Quote from: KazeXIII on August 20, 2008, 01:11:37 PM
I seem to get more disagrees than anything here  :P

Just here??  ;D

You tell me. I'm all ears. The Melandri to Kawasaki announcement is also very interesting.

A DRAGON

Wel if you look at the last race. It those Kawasaki's get up front they do pretty good. I just wish they could do better.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Adiggity

Quote from: KazeXIII on August 20, 2008, 04:51:27 PM
You tell me. I'm all ears. The Melandri to Kawasaki announcement is also very interesting.
What do you want me to tell you?

I thought the same thing last year when Hopper went to Kawi. He was getting the best finishes of his career in Moto GP with Rizzla and consistently ahead of Vermuelen but he was the one to go.........interesting for sure.

Oneup

I don't think Kawi has the bike to put anyone on the podium.  They offered Hopper more money thinking the rider might be the problem but I think they are kidding themselves about their bike.  They really need to go to a V-4 to be competitive.

XIII

Quote from: Adiggity on August 21, 2008, 10:14:55 AM
Quote from: KazeXIII on August 20, 2008, 04:51:27 PM
What do you want me to tell you?

I thought the same thing last year when Hopper went to Kawi. He was getting the best finishes of his career in Moto GP with Rizzla and consistently ahead of Vermuelen but he was the one to go.........interesting for sure.

How it is a good movie for him? I don't know you said you disagreed and only mentioned his style.

Adiggity

Quote from: KazeXIII on August 21, 2008, 01:56:54 PM
Quote from: Adiggity on August 21, 2008, 10:14:55 AM
How it is a good movie for him? I don't know you said you disagreed and only mentioned his style.
His style is the reason I think it is a good move. He likes to have more power. The Ducati has that. He has been complaining ever since they went to the 800's about not having enough power. That is why he went to the pneumatic valved engine before Pedrosa did, because it made more power. And when he did he started getting better results.......if he didn't run out of gas he would've had a podium on his first race with it. Laguna he was screwed with that tire situation and now he broke his heel doing X Games so he didn't race the last race. But I bet he would've been in the top 5 for sure. It's all just speculation, but like I said, we will have to wait and see.