Main Menu

home theater

Started by TWF, August 18, 2008, 01:34:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TWF

anybody knows how to hook up and program home theaters?
I need to hook up receiver and program remote(lap top is needed for remote).

Resistor

Doesn't BigCat do this for a living, John where you at?
2005 GSXR-600

Timex

Just went through the same thing.  Not so sure about your system (mine didn't require a laptop).  But make sure your using a fiberoptic audio cable and an HDMI cable for your video.

TWF

all cables are already installed through walls.
lap top is for remote.one remote operates everything and is set up with computer.
so,who is expert? :)

Oneup

I might be able to help you out, but I won't be in town until Saturday afternoon sometime.  I've never seen a remote that needed a computer before but I haven't come across one that I couldn't program.  As far as hooking up the wires, if they are already in the wall the rest of the installation is easy.  PM me if you need help.
02 KX250, 04 GSXR1000, 07 CBR600rr

TWF

it is genesis universal remote.it has usb port and guy that originally installed system programed it with lap top.
all equipment is hidden in closet,not point to it with remote.

Oneup

It's an rf remote.  As long as you have the receiver for the remote and a list of all the components it isn't too bad to program.  Is everything new or did you purchase it used from someone?  Did the person who installed the cables know what kind of components you were going to be using for your home theater?  Is this setup for just one room or do you have multiple speakers and tv's throughout the house that need to be tied in?

Oneup

I'm looking at the specs on that remote and it is bad ass.  It seems like after it's set up it is very intuitive.  Also has a hefty price tag.

Bigcat

Zoran,

I'm always happy to help out a fellow SSA'er. Give me a call.

John
972-4430

TWF

yea,it is rf.most stuff is new.I had new receiver that took crap so I was on old one temporary.now I got new one back and need to set it up again.originally friend from bay area got me all set up but is pita for him to come up every time I need something.
I really need somebody who knows this stuff when I call in middle of night  ;D
John,I will call you tomorrow.