Main Menu

sac to the bay

Started by Jimbo, August 15, 2008, 08:42:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XIII

Quote from: n10sive on August 16, 2008, 05:07:17 PM
Quote from: nvgixxer on August 16, 2008, 03:51:13 PM
Dale, you old devil dog you!! Always raining on the parade, aren't you!  ;D ;D
Yeah, you're probably right, Sept is the hot time of year down towards the coast...............argh! My poor ole gixxer would melt in that stop and go BS.

Hey, someone has to be the fast old guy, you, and someone has to be the old cermudgeon, me  ;D

Also, my two cents...what I liked about the SSA is that it has been a proponent of motorcycle safety and responsibility and promotes "Take it to the track", and not street hooliganism. This ride looks like 'hooliganism' to me and I would like to see it's charter and proof that it sends money to the troops in Iraq before I would ever participate in it. I thinks thats a line of BS. Seriously.

Oh, btw, I am soliciting funds for the Fire and Police Benevolent Society of Oklahoma and greater Des Moines. Please send me money. Really (not)  :D

In the context of your paragraph, it can be considered that you did, in fact, stereotype the whole group... ;D

n10sive

Quote from: KazeXIII on August 16, 2008, 07:31:47 PM
In the context of your paragraph, it can be considered that you did, in fact, stereotype the whole group... ;D

Whatev...I'm certainly not going to loose any sleep tonight over it. Hope you don't either  8)

BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

XIII

Quote from: n10sive on August 16, 2008, 10:01:31 PM
Quote from: KazeXIII on August 16, 2008, 07:31:47 PM

Whatev...I'm certainly not going to loose any sleep tonight over it. Hope you don't either  8)

Why would I? Oh I forgot, teh interwebz. It's serious business! And....

;D

A DRAGON

Me personally. I like to see all those bikes coming together for anything. I'm sure someone their has recognized the need to ride safe. Judging from the pictures it looks like a major traffic jam. Personally I would not go because of the traffic. It's like the Toy run every winter some of our members go and really like it. I don't but I don't say don't go. If it's something your interested in thank you for posting it on this forum. Maybe someone will go and make it 10,001 and that's OK. With all those bikes there someone has to be talking about being safe and courteous to the cars on the road. I'm sure the egos get in the way of some and make the rest of them look pretty silly. Just remember " YOU CAN LEAD A HORSE TO WATER, BUT YOU CAN'T MAKE HIM DRINK."
Thank You for the post I didn't know anything like that ever took place on the west coast. I'm happy to see the brotherhood amongst motorcyclists.
As far as the money you can only give and if some misuses it then it's on them. Not on you. Give with a good heart and let it go. If you heart says don't give then don't. Your the one who has to sleep with your choices that night.
So good luck to the SBF I hope it all turns out well.Well done putting something that big together
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750