Main Menu

Craigslist ads without phone numbers?

Started by GreenMachine, July 10, 2015, 08:12:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

Just about all of them these days do not include a telephone number.  Why is that?   ???
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

slmoto

Quote from: GreenMachine on July 10, 2015, 08:12:17 AM
Just about all of them these days do not include a telephone number.  Why is that?   ???

For the same reason you don't post your phone number on this site.

I respond to CL ads with my phone number but I would not post my phone number in a listing I was making.

dub

Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

GreenMachine

Quote from: slmoto on July 10, 2015, 09:31:24 AM
For the same reason you don't post your phone number on this site.

I respond to CL ads with my phone number but I would not post my phone number in a listing I was making.
How do you respond?  Is there a link for responding to an ad?  Take this one for instance.  The guy says call, but doesn't leave a number.

https://reno.craigslist.org/mcy/5070984864.html
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

I see it now.  You have to hit the reply button and give them information.  Interesting.

I just thought all these ads were phishing or nonsense.

slmoto

Quote from: GreenMachine on July 10, 2015, 01:25:32 PM
I see it now.  You have to hit the reply button and give them information.  Interesting.

I just thought all these ads were phishing or nonsense.

You got it. It's also how you respond via email using the anonymous cl emails, however that guy doesn't have the email option.

Looking for a Hayabusa, is the green machine getting too slow for you?

GreenMachine

Yeuch! 

No, I was just looking for an example.  Beside, your bike's too fast for me.  I've just always loved my bike's loafing power.