Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

My 08 CBR1000

Started by Tahoebrian5, April 25, 2015, 07:50:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tahoebrian5

It's official, picking up my new bike next week. I'd love to keep her for a track bike but the wife is not having it. I'll have pictures up soon but here is the run down

First off, it's been crashed and I rebuilt it myself. It has a salvage title. I've put about 2000 miles on since the rebuild and it rides perfectly. It's got repsol oem plastics (not China) which have some scratches. Looks good but it's not perfect.

38k miles, asking price $5,000

Aftermarket parts:
Bazzaz TC (fuel control, traction control, quick shifter)
Bazzaz autotune
Bazzaz handle bar tc adjuster
Bazzaz upgraded strain type shifter switch

Leo Vince gp pro slip on
Woodcraft engine case covers
Honda Eseat
Zero gravity touring wind screen
Speedo healer
520 -1/+2 chain sprocket setup in good wear
Star shift star
Titax black shorty levers
Carbon fibre hugger
Fender eliminator
Integrated led tail light
Steel brake lines on front

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

dub

This is the formerly yellow one that you had your accident on?

What are you getting? BMW?
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

Tahoebrian5

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

GreenMachine

Heated grips and cruise control did it for you?  What are heated grips, like $20?  I put them on my one bike, but haven't used them yet.  And you have a throttle lock on the CBR as it is.  ???  I think you have the 7 year itch.

I'm going to miss riding with the pretty ol' girl.  Loved the Repsol look you gave her.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.