Main Menu

Roll Call: VC, CC, West Lake Tahoe loop

Started by GreenMachine, May 11, 2016, 01:03:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PAPASMURF

could be a lot worse i guess. but it is what it is. 930. tally f'n ho.
S1000R
R1250RS

RichVee4

Quote from: GreenMachine on May 15, 2016, 07:34:58 AM
Washing the bike this morning, then I'll be ready. 

Oooh, chilly out there ATM.   ???

Now we know who to blame if it rains today!   See you shortly.
Live long and prosper \V/

Vegasrider

GreenMachine

Quote from: RichVee4 on May 15, 2016, 08:26:38 AM

Now we know who to blame if it rains today!   See you shortly.
I blame whomever's idea it was to take a left at Tahoe City!  :hiding

Funny thing about that downpour was, I hardly got wet.   ;D

The bike's still grimed up though.

I had a great time today.  We didn't have to go fast to do it, just fast enough.  Pick and choose when and where. 

Thanks for leading today Rich!  You can lead anytime!

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

RichVee4

Enjoyed the ride today. Great group to ride with.   Conditions were about perfect, could have done without the shower but were through it pretty quick and didnt get very wet.  A little cool in the morning but nice that Kenny let me swap bikes so I was able to try out his heated grips, the 1200 Ducati motor was sweet too. 

Monitor was a nice addition to the day, cant go wrong with a lap on Monitor.  Traffic was on the light side until dropping into S Tahoe, busy but that can be expected on a weekend.   Nice lunch at one of my favorite burger joints, Burger Lounge.  Always in the mood for a maple shake.

Thanks for letting me lead GM, dont get too comfortable back there!  Hope everyone had fun and made it back ok.

cobra23

I had a fantastic time. Thank you all !

You will be seeing more of me.

nvgixxer

Man oh live, I had a great time today, great company, spirited pace and able to meet new faces and reacquaint with old friends! Life is good when you can say that!
Oh me oh my, you guys know how I hate to get my bikes wet and dirty! I lucked out, dry all the way to the barn.
A pic or two attached.............

Jimbo 

Images moved here
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

RichVee4

Nice shots Jimbo.  Felt like old times seeing that blue streak go by me  :)

Didnt do many photo stops today.   I guess we get spoiled with the beautiful scenery, had snow capped mountains, white water rivers and Tahoe to enjoy all day.

Images moved here.

cobra23

My favorite sentence of the day:

"Oh we always open it up there, that's the Valley of the tall gears"

You folks are too funny. The group was very well organized, the pace was perfect and sensible. The only surprise I got was in the "Valley of the tall gears"... makes me laugh when I think about it.

Vegasrider

Once again, an outstanding ride.  Thanks to this forum, I'm discovering new roads.  Last ride it was Hwy 49, this time it was Monitor Pass. LOL...I was taking the wrong road from VC to Carson up to this point, didn't know the truck route was better.  Heard GM use a term I've never heard before, "Train" referring to the line of bikes going up or down the grade, all in unison.

It was very nice to meet and ride with those who I met for the first time, at least personally.  Just like everyone else who I have ridden with, very skilled.   

GreenMachine

Just wait until you try out Wentworth Springs road.  After you loose your mind in delusional ecstasy, you'll be contemplating doing all your favorite roads in one day.   :|)

Welcome to the madhouse!
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

nvgixxer

OMG ........... haha, you and me doing Wentworth Springs two years back. Me on my trusty old 2012 ZX14R. LOL

GreenMachine

Somehow pairing 2012 and the word old together doesn't seem right.   ;)

Seeing images, like you in action on WWS, makes me wish we had more time to do a photo-op on Monitor yesterday.  Bet everyone would have loved to get an action shot of them doing a corner they loved.  That gives me an idea... :|)

nvgixxer

Yes, that would be fun! The last day of the Busa Stampede in June a professional photographer is going to set up on one of the truck route curves and shoot us as we each make several passes, should make for some great shots.