Main Menu

Cancelled *Roll Call - Markleeville Group Ride 05/08/16

Started by GreenMachine, May 02, 2016, 10:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

* Rain cancelled *
Planned 9:30 AM kickstands up (KSU).*  Conditions for the extended forecast show rain and unstable weather through the weekend.  We will not go if the conditions remain as forecast, which is 90% chance of rain on Saturday, tapering off to 20% on Sunday.  I'll keep my eye on it.

RSVP** if you're planning on going.   If you do not RSVP, the ride may be canceled even if you had planned on showing up the day of the ride.  We'll depart on the ride as soon as everyone arrives and is ready, meaning, that if there are any newb riders, I will go over some of the key items they'll need to know.

South route ride.  This is a minimum C level ride pace route, so all riders welcome.  Meet at the Geiger Maverik Country Store. 

As always, see 2016 SSA Ride Schedule for everything that is expected of you and what you can expect.  *** Safety is paramount. ***

Hope to see you there.

* KSU dependent on when everybody is ready.
** RSVP - répondez, s'il vous plaît a.k.a. please reply.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

In the interest of safety, I'm probably going to cancel this ride.  We might be able to dodge the storm cells, but the roadways will probably have runoff on them from the day(s) before.  The season is long.  We don't need to force the issue.  That's how I see it.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

dub

It's been a long time since I have seen it rain for this long straight without letting up; at least down at my house.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

nvgixxer

Good call GM! I took a ride in my truck up the truck route Friday afternoon and yes indeed, there are a few places that have dirt and sand washed out onto the pavement. Geiger was surprising 100% clean.

Jimbo

LOL.............44 days until the start of the 8th annual Hayabusa Stampede, headquartered at the Peppermill.
If you ride a Busa, come join us for a fun packed solid week of canyon carving!
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

GreenMachine

Jimbo,

You can do this too, but if you give me the date for that event, I'll post it on the SSA calendar.  That way it'll show up automatically, along with our other scheduled events.   8)

And thanks for the ride route input.  Loving the ran, but not riding in it or having two-wheeled accidents because of it.   ;)

GreenMachine

Looked at the Doppler for that area.  It's snowing.   :sorry
For anyone crazy enough to venture up into those hills on two wheels, just because.  Don't do it!  :squidly  There's going to be MotoGP on in the morning.  Just settle in for the day and enjoy some other activity. 

nvgixxer

Quote from: GreenMachine on May 07, 2016, 09:59:35 AM
Jimbo,

You can do this too, but if you give me the date for that event, I'll post it on the SSA calendar.  That way it'll show up automatically, along with our other scheduled events.   8)

And thanks for the ride route input.  Loving the ran, but not riding in it or having two-wheeled accidents because of it.   ;)
The Stampede event starts on Jun 20 and lasts through the 26th.

GreenMachine

I suppose this would only apply to Busa owners, but if someone wanted to join your folly, when and where would they go about doing that?

nvgixxer

Unfortunately, for busas only. I don't like that policy, but I don't make the rules.