Main Menu

My metal band is playing this saturday

Started by Tahoebrian5, April 21, 2016, 07:45:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tahoebrian5

If anyone feels like heading up to Tahoe city on this Saturday night I'll put the first person to respond on the guest list. We play old school metal covers.. Black sabbath, iron maiden, Judas Priest, etc. we only play out about once a year so this is our annual "80's metal bash" and a lot of people come dressed up era appropriate. It's usually a really great party, and hey.. Who doesn't like girls dressed up in 80's metal gear?!!! The show is at the cobblestone mall, it's the movie theatre there and the owner removes all the seating for events like this. Booze will be available of course. I'm not really sure what time we go on but there is an opening band first so probably 10ish.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

GreenMachine

Yeah, why not!  Something different.

MAP for those who don't know where this place is.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Tahoebrian5

GM wins! remind me how to spell your last name and I'll make sure you're on the list to get in for free.

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

RichVee4

Crazy that place is still around.  I used to watch movies there well over 30 yrs ago..  Sounds like a fun concert, probably to loud for me!  Actually have other commitments.
Live long and prosper \V/

slmoto

Sounds like good times. Can't make it myself but ROCK ON!!! :crazy

dub

Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

Tahoebrian5

Not even close. Now my wife in leather, spandex, and spikes... That is metal! I'll be in my usual jeans and t shirt though ... Bah humbug!

GreenMachine

Yeah, but it's a heavey metal, black and gray, skull and crossbones, T-shirt, so that counts.   ;)

Did you list the time?  See you tonight!
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Tahoebrian5

I'm guessing I will go on around 10:30. The opening band is pretty good though so might be cool to catch a couple of their songs if you're into it. I'm usually in bed by 9! Getting too old for this shit.

GreenMachine

Gotta warm up before I head out.  Was doing great on my ride today, but then forgot it snowed last night and rode over Yuba Pass just before dusk.  Brrr!

Yuba's dirty again. 

Tahoebrian5

Did you make it? I kept looking for you in the crowd but never caught sight of you. Oh man, was a great show but I'm too old for this shit!

GreenMachine

I was there a little under an hour.  I was over on the isle on your right.  Hard to make you out with all the other long hair dudes.   :P

TB5 can rock the guitar! 

Never heard you play before.  You're very good.  It wasn't too loud either.  I brought ear plugs, but decided I didn't need them from where I was.  Earlier I was up closer and it was too loud. 

Saw Metal Sara sing and backup sing.  When did she get into doing that.  Wow!  Saw you guys brought your babies.  Not sure how appropriate that was, but I suppose you have to get their metal started at an early age.  You didn't tell us you had twins! Had a beer, enjoyed the concert, had a drunk or two pile into me (even though I wasn't in their way), before the mist made me nauseous.  Had to get outside for some fresh air.  Phew, all better.  Dare I risk going back inside and being sick?  Better not. 

Late night for you two for sure, but everyone was having such a good time, probably made it easier to keep going.

Tahoebrian5

Right on, glad you made it up. Ya Sarah's been singing with us for six or seven years. That's actually how I met her. Is it the fazer haze that made you sick? If you can suck exhaust all day on the bike that stuff shouldn't faze you!