Main Menu

Good Insurance company, good rates?

Started by Sub-Sonic, March 22, 2016, 09:43:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sub-Sonic

Guys,

If you have a good insurance company with good rates, please pass along the info.

My company has increased the rates the last 2 years dramatically, though I have no tickets, crashes, or claims. :angel

GreenMachine

Does your agent know you and shadow your YouTube account?   :evil1  j/k

I don't consider my insurance company's rates anything special.  Every time I hear about someone else's rates, they're much much lower.  Not sure how they're getting better rates.  Like you, tickets have never shown up on my insurance record and I've never made a claim. 

I initially tried Progressive and Geico, because I needed insurance quickly for an impulse buy, but found State Farm considerably cheaper.  Had an insurance broker shop the market for new quotes a couple years back and they couldn't beat them.  SF now throws in towing for breakdowns within a 200 mile radius of Reno, IIRC. 
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Sub-Sonic

Thanks GM.  I will check with SF.

I did find a pretty good online rate with Progressive and it is possible to configure the coverages and see what it costs.

slmoto

Insurance rates are negotiable. I called around for the best rates then took the lowest quotes and called around again to see who would match or beat that quote, almost all the ins companies were willing to match and most often beat the quotes from the other companies. Same goes with an ins broker.

I ended up with Progressive through a broker called On Guard. Not sure how "good" the company is yet, fortunately I haven't had an incident yet. I don't have high hopes for any ins company, phone service is adequate, I'm sure when it comes time for a claim they'll be a pain in the ass just like any other ins company.

RichVee4

Using Progressive and have been satisfied with their rates.  For example, I pay $69 a year for my VFR.  Only have liability/uninsured, not full coverage however.   Also going in my favor is the classification of sport tourer and a multi bike discount.   The aggregate rate went down when I added a fourth bike, something to consider.
Live long and prosper \V/

RichVee4

As a full coverage comparison,  the Mrs street triple R is 168 p/y.   Of course deductibles, bike type etc have a big impact on the rate. 
Live long and prosper \V/

Sub-Sonic

Quote from: slmoto on March 23, 2016, 05:24:00 AM
Insurance rates are negotiable. I called around for the best rates then took the lowest quotes and called around again to see who would match or beat that quote, almost all the ins companies were willing to match and most often beat the quotes from the other companies. Same goes with an ins broker.

I ended up with Progressive through a broker called On Guard. Not sure how "good" the company is yet, fortunately I haven't had an incident yet. I don't have high hopes for any ins company, phone service is adequate, I'm sure when it comes time for a claim they'll be a pain in the ass just like any other ins company.

Thanks SL, I had not considered negotiating or a broker.

Quote from: RichVee4 on March 23, 2016, 08:06:26 AM
Using Progressive and have been satisfied with their rates.  For example, I pay $69 a year for my VFR.  Only have liability/uninsured, not full coverage however.   Also going in my favor is the classification of sport tourer and a multi bike discount.   The aggregate rate went down when I added a fourth bike, something to consider.

Thanks Rich, Prog seems to have fairly good rates and they allow the user to configuration the policy and see the rate right away.

dub

Progressive here. Happy with the rates.

I've never made a claim on the moto policy, but I did make an auto comprehensive claim last summer; it was quick and easy.

Premiums are so personal to your situation and highly variable that it's pointless to compare them.

A cool feature of progressive is their disappearing deductible. Every year that you don't make a claim the deductible decreases by 25%. After 4 years of no claims, you have no deductible.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

Sub-Sonic

Quote from: dub on March 24, 2016, 12:09:54 PM
Progressive here. Happy with the rates.

I've never made a claim on the moto policy, but I did make an auto comprehensive claim last summer; it was quick and easy.

Premiums are so personal to your situation and highly variable that it's pointless to compare them.

A cool feature of progressive is their disappearing deductible. Every year that you don't make a claim the deductible decreases by 25%. After 4 years of no claims, you have no deductible.

Thanks Dub.  I wound up getting Progressive.  Was surprised they had such good rates, after being bombarded with all the silly stereotypical 'biker' commercials they have.

Tahoebrian5

A bit late here, but I've been with State Farm forever, then when I bought my S1000rr they wanted an arm and a leg, plus firstborn so I shopped around. Now I'm with Dairyland insurance. Could be worth getting a quote. Quite a bit less
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.