Main Menu

The SV is back

Started by RichVee4, August 29, 2015, 11:06:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dub

Quote from: RenoRider75 on September 02, 2015, 02:29:03 PMIt's like a phobia of mine...  Deathophobia?  Cliffophobia?  Fallingaphobia?   ;D

What you are describing is common sense.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

RenoRider75

Cool.  Nobody has accused me of having any sense before!  Maybe I am finally growing up.   ;D

RichVee4

Thought I would do a quick update to this post.

The SV is back together and had its maiden ride today.  Greg did the majority of work sourcing parts and putting it all together.  Another good learning experience and his wallet is a little thinner now.   The list of parts got pretty long but still cheaper than a new used bike. 

Replaced a lot of the front and rear bits, but frame and engine were untouched.  Did the Chinese fairings, less that OEM, but you get what you pay for.     

Did a little run to Verdi today, took side streets there and hwy back.  Did good. 

This is the pretty side, the other side has a dent in the tank.
Live long and prosper \V/

slmoto

Good to see it back together.

And glad this is not a new crash. I forgot about this post and when I saw the title initially I thought you crashed, glad that's not the case.

GreenMachine

:clap

I'd like to have a rebuild story to tell about Dragon's dragon bike, but it keeps getting put off.

Nice work to the both of you.  Looks great.  Hope Greg can join us for some rides this year, it'll make four of us on a ride.   ;)
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

dub

Quote from: GreenMachine on April 02, 2016, 08:17:29 PM
:clap

I'd like to have a rebuild story to tell about Dragon's dragon bike, but it keeps getting put off.

Nice work to the both of you.  Looks great.  Hope Greg can join us for some rides this year, it'll make four of us on a ride.   ;)

Jerome crashed one of his bikes?

GreenMachine

No.  Engine rebuild.  Seized up at RFR by another rider way back when.

Don't know if you remember his Kawasaki with the custom dragon on the fuel tank.  That bike.  It's just sitting collecting dust, getting old.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

dub

I do remember that bike. That must have been a while ago.