Main Menu

MotoGP: Lorenzo prepared to fight Marquez in 2015

Started by GreenMachine, December 05, 2014, 08:27:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

Jorge Lorenzo has renewed optimism that he will be able to challenge Marc Marquez as the pair both contend for a third MotoGP world crown next year.

"I am now at about 70 percent of my effort for training," he explained during a dinner with his Fan Club on the outskirts of Barcelona last Saturday evening. "From January we'll be back to maximum power to be better at the beginning of the season. I am looking forward to first relaxing and then to training very hard.

--------
I look forward to it, especially now that Rossi has the pace at least that of Jorge's. 

After watching the replays of the 2013 season where Marqeuz had a different riding technique to his more-under-control 2014 technique, I can only imagine his pace and maturity to improve further.   To me, that means one of two things for next season.  Either everyone is going to improve along with Marquez and it's going to be exciting to watch or Marquez will improve that much more over his rivals and it's going to be another season of watching who can finish second to him.  Being that Marquez is already on another level, his rivals are going to need more than improvements to their riding techniques, they're going to need better machinery or for him to injure himself.

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Mel

Never count out Rossi as being a serious contender next year ;)!

GreenMachine

Rossi's had to play catch-up these last two years.  Watching him in 2013, he struggled to bring his former style up to speed.  Jorge just crushed him that year.  In 2014, he and Marquez improved substantially from their prior year.  Everybody who's name doesn't end in Marquez will have their work cut out for them next season, I fear the Marc/HRC package is that good.

And I don't think it's a stretch to say that when Rossi or Marquez makes a late race pass for the lead, you can hear the crowd cheering over the roar of the bikes.  It's been exciting watching the races these past two years, which makes the anticipation for next year all that much more unbearable.

Oh, I should link the OP title: http://www.foxsports.com/motor/story/motogp-lorenzo-prepared-to-fight-marquez-in-2015-120414
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

oldBolt

IMO: MotoGP is getting recharged and I look forward to next season too!.

I love Lorenzo, least get offs last season, I think speaks volumes for his skill and his points of course.  Marquez is a new bread, and others will play catch-up for years if not his whole career.  Rossi I think

has the highest fan base, he is a living legend, he may even do well next year, but he is on his way out. He keeps the sport alive in motogp for now.  I thought Marquez made it look to easy last year.

Youngsters like Maverick ViƱales should help mix up the who's, who and new teams like Factory Aprilia and Team Suzuki along with the improvements on the Ducati Team ..aka Andrea Dovizioso and others... Cal Crutchlow, Bradley Smith, and Stefan Bradl.

I don't remember if Dorna now owns motogp and WSB , but anyway it would be nice to see them push the best WSB riders into motogp.  :GrnWheelie
"I have inhaled, exhaled everything." - Arnold Schwarzenegger