Main Menu

Saturday ride oct11

Started by Tahoebrian5, October 09, 2014, 02:12:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tahoebrian5

This could be the last "warm weather" ride, temps dropping ten degrees on Sunday. Bucks.? La Porte? Who's in?
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

dub

I'll be on the way to Thunderhill to ride the full course with Precision on Monday.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

GreenMachine

Both bikes are down for this weekend, can't ride, though I'd love to.  You and SS had me using up what front tire I had remaining last weekend.  Unless it's just highway only.  There's plenty of tire rubber in the center of the tire.  :evil1
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Sub-Sonic

I'll tag along.  Same meet-up location?

Tahoebrian5

Great SS, yep Starbucks at 9:30 sounds about right. gM, I'll allow you to miss this one because I do have my radar setup back in action. Dub, have a good track day. I talked to my friend, George. He's an instructor for rickdiculous. Said he thinks he remembers seeing you. Are you doing another day with them?

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

dub

Quote from: Tahoebrian5 on October 10, 2014, 08:45:20 AMI talked to my friend, George. He's an instructor for rickdiculous. Said he thinks he remembers seeing you. Are you doing another day with them?

Yeah, Dr. Grass was there for my day. I plan on signing up for another one next spring just as soon as the 2015 Thill dates are announced.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

Tahoebrian5

Dr Grass.. I like it. I'll have to start calling him that. He plays bass guitar in my band. I'm hoping to do a day with them. Maybe next year if I can get my credit cards under control.

Hey SS, let me know if you'd rather go thru Tahoe and meet me in truckee. I could meet you at the traffic circles right where 267 crosses 80. It's probly shorter for you but might be a bit chilly in the am. You are going to love Bucks lake road. Not quite as tight as pike that we did, but just as good and a lot more duration. I'm getting excited just thinking about it.

Sub-Sonic

Quote from: Tahoebrian5 on October 10, 2014, 12:19:37 PM

Hey SS, let me know if you'd rather go thru Tahoe and meet me in truckee. I could meet you at the traffic circles right where 267 crosses 80. It's probly shorter for you but might be a bit chilly in the am. You are going to love Bucks lake road. Not quite as tight as pike that we did, but just as good and a lot more duration. I'm getting excited just thinking about it.

TB, *bux is fine may actually be shorter to get there.  Bucks sounds cool.

Tahoebrian5

RichVee4

Hope you guys had a good ride.  We did a Monitor/Tahoe ride today and was great day to be out.  Monica and a friend are riding Bucks Sunday so can you post a road condition report?
Live long and prosper \V/

Sub-Sonic

419 miles and there might be some video of this adventure incoming.

Sub-Sonic

Quote from: RichVee4 on October 11, 2014, 05:50:06 PMpost a road condition report?

The first section has some gravel in the corners, mostly in the middle of the lane, but is throughout the lane.  Didn't cause any problems as long as one doesn't trail brake into the corner.  The second part was fairly clean and smooth.

GreenMachine

That would be fairly typical of the truck route around the lake.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

Quote from: RichVee4 on October 11, 2014, 05:50:06 PM
Hope you guys had a good ride.  We did a Monitor/Tahoe ride today and was great day to be out.  Monica and a friend are riding Bucks Sunday so can you post a road condition report?
Ha!  I ended up needing my own fix.  Played hooky from some of my chores and headed up VC, then over Mt. Rose into Tahoe.  Visited SkydiverDCM at his new digs over by Boca.  Nice riding weather.  Funny.  It was more chilly going up the the ski resort than it was on the summit or heading into Incline Village.

Fall colors on Mt. Rose are in full display.

GreenMachine

Quote from: Sub-Sonic on October 11, 2014, 07:29:58 PM
419 miles and there might be some video of this adventure incoming.
That's one of our higher distance ride totals.   Not bad for your third ride.

:welcome to the  :flagSSA