Main Menu

New ride for GM

Started by Tahoebrian5, September 19, 2014, 03:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mel

Sub, I want to meet these "Goat Road Superheroes" you are talking about because I can't find anyone up here in Reno that likes goat roads :)! I surely miss riding with all the goat road hooligans back on the coast 8)!

Mel

GreenMachine

What do you mean?  I think I can speak for many on here who would probably agree that they don't really have that much against goat roads, so long as they are riding something suited for bumpy terrain.   Many, including myself, prefer roads were we don't have to deal with having our paint compromised by road debris hitting it or fork tube seals popped by pot holes.  That's all.

Our Murphys ride a while back crossed some familiar roads, if I'm not mistaken.  Except the last time I was on them was on a road bicycle.  The ride then wasn't much better.  More like rim damaging and torturous if you asked me.  But with some notice, I would have ridden my mountain bike.  Then it would have been fun.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

dub

Oh, we're gonna argue about goat roads again for the 500th time in this thread now?

Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

Mel

I've only found 2 guys here that like to ride at a sporting pace on the goat roads, and that would be TB5 and Dub, and I enjoyed riding with them on the goats ;)! Sorry dub, 501st time :)!

Mel

dub

Quote from: Mel on October 03, 2014, 10:45:46 AMI've only found 2 guys here that like to ride at a sporting pace on the goat roads, and that would be TB5 and Dub

Should we get t-shirts made?

Mel

GreenMachine

Quote from: dub on October 03, 2014, 10:11:34 AM
Oh, we're gonna argue about goat roads again for the 500th time in this thread now?
I don't get it.  Why is that a problem?

It's obvious to me that Mel finds these discussions and some soapboxing therapeutic.  Nothing wrong with that.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Mel

Hey GM, you hit the nail on the head, I love messin' with you all when I'm sitting around with nothing better to do :) :) :)!

Mel

GreenMachine

You're just sayin that to mess with me.  Like you'd agree that something I said had merit.

I'm not fooled though!  :nana2 :moon

Mel

Tahoebrian5

Maybe we should change the web address to SierraGoatRoads.com
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

dub

Nah, SGR sounds too much like SCR.

GreenMachine

Sub-Sonic

Let me know when the next goat ride is happening, I'll bring a camera to get pictures of them. ;D