Main Menu

Roll Call - Sonora Pass 08/17/14

Started by GreenMachine, August 14, 2014, 09:16:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichVee4

Good to see some more Reno riders join.   Weather is perfect to get out for a ride.  I will have a better idea of my work schedule today at 7:30.  If you don't see me at Mavericks by 8:30 then take off without me, hoping that wont be the case. 
Live long and prosper \V/

PAPASMURF

ought to be a blast with this many riders going. so it is still 830 at Mavericks, then to CC 4BUCKS. LONG STOP?

or just a stop and go?will get to meet more people besides jimbo, good.  ;D
;
S1000R
R1250RS

nvgixxer

Nine riders made roll call this morning! Diamond Valley and Monitor were on the radar when we left CC at 9:15. Pics below with videos to follow by early tomorrow.
I was pleased to be able to ride with the young crew that showed up, a great bunch of guys they are! Finally got to meet Tom and of course, Mickey showed as well. I'm looking forward to riding again soon with Rich, Monica, Scott and the others already mentioned real soon!

Jimbo
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

nvgixxer

flamecrow

nvgixxer

RichVee4

Another successful outing.  Good turn out and fun group to ride with.  Thanks for the pics.  Monica and I used our cooling vests for the ride home for the first time.  Wow, those things are amazing!  It was only high 80's but sure made it comfortable.  

Jimbo, Looking forward to the video of our ride over Monitor!

flamecrow

My GoPro wasn't recording on the ride back up Monitor. I wanted to end the video with Jimbo zooming by past us but my GoPro was not recording either. DARN!

Enjoy!

nvgixxer

You did good Tim, with the pics and video!
Rich, one video is up above and yours is uploading to youtube as I type. Should be done in a few hours.
We gotta ride kids, the season is all to rapidly slipping away.................

Jimbo

RichVee4

Tim, enjoyed the video.  The pickup on diamond valley that pulled in front of you and Craig, he came up his rd/driveway as I went by so must of got impatient waiting for all up us to go by.   Something to be aware of with bigger groups.  Good corner position when the other large suv drifted onto the yellow at the exit of his turn, the white line is your friend :).  

slmoto

Great ride again everyone, looking forward to squeezing some more out before the season closes up.

Thanks for posting the vids and pics, some good shots!

GreenMachine

Thanks for the videos, I enjoyed both!   Worth watching again.   :popcorn
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

So much traffic yesterday too, by the looks of it.  Traffic and disrespectful cagers.  I can only imagine what awful things they were saying when they were infringing on your right-of-way and placing your well-being in danger.

Stupid is and stupid does.

Ride defensively and be safe.  Great job out there!
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

rg500nut

Rich,

Where are you staying in Willows Sunday night for the track day?
RG
2 strokes always...............

RichVee4

Tom,  staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Willows.   Let me know if you are going.

there is a thread for the guys going on 9/1.  Maybe this link will work, if not its the fourth link down on home page, Trackdays 2014 - SSA & Others..

http://www.sierrasportbike.com/smf/index.php?topic=4150.0