Main Menu

Roll Call - Sonora Pass 08/17/14

Started by GreenMachine, August 14, 2014, 09:16:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

8:30 AM Sunday.  South route ride.

RSVP* if you're interested in participating in this ride.  If you do not RSVP, the ride may be canceled even if you had planned on showing up the day of the ride.

This is a C+ skill level ride only because parts of the road over are single lane.  You must share the road with other travelers, including RVs, cars and other motorcycles without encroaching the opposing lane.

Scenery is always beautiful.  Temps and weather appear to be ideal for this kind of ride, so it's a go if you are ready.

* RSVP - répondez, s'il vous plaît a.k.a. please reply.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

RichVee4

This ride has been on my calendar for awhile.  Monica and I are planning on going.  Small chance work may interfere with my plans but will post up it I cant go.
Live long and prosper \V/

GreenMachine

As fortune would have it, I'm going to skip riding this weekend.  Sorry for the mixed signals, but I hope that a lot of riders turn out.  It should be an enjoyable day for those who can take advantage of our rapidly ending riding season.

Rich, if you think it'll make for getting more riders to come out, perhaps switch the ride to Saturday.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

nvgixxer

Yes indeed, the season is definitely winding down, bummer. Anyway, sorry you can't make it GM.
Rich, unfortunately Saturday won't work for me, I have a retirement party to attend at Bowers Mansion.
So, for me it's a much shorter Monitor Pass ride on Sunday, if anyone might be interested.

Jimbo
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

RichVee4

I can only go Sunday as well.  I am good with doing Monitor and keeping the ride shorter.   Jimbo,  can we meet you at 9am at the *bucks N Carson?  Reno group (yes that's you) can still meet at Mavericks S Reno and leave by 8:30.  

GM, maybe a Monitor run will work for your schedule but if not, thanks for getting the ball rolling on this one.

slmoto

I already have plans for Saturday but if it ends up being a Sunday ride I'll go.

nvgixxer

Quote from: RichVee4 on August 15, 2014, 07:26:03 AM
I can only go Sunday as well.  I am good with doing Monitor and keeping the ride shorter.   Jimbo,  can we meet you at 9am at the *bucks N Carson?  Reno group (yes that's you) can still meet at Mavericks S Reno and leave by 8:30.  

GM, maybe a Monitor run will work for your schedule but if not, thanks for getting the ball rolling on this one.

Sounds like a plan Rich! Looking forward to seeing you two at the north end 'bucks at around 9am SUNDAY!

nvgixxer

Quote from: slmoto on August 15, 2014, 07:46:43 AM
I already have plans for Saturday but if it ends up being a Sunday ride I'll go.
Hi Scott! Hope you can make bro..............SUNDAY!

Jimbo

slmoto

Quote from: nvgixxer on August 15, 2014, 08:42:33 AM
Quote from: slmoto on August 15, 2014, 07:46:43 AM
Hi Scott! Hope you can make bro..............SUNDAY!

Jimbo

Yep, I'll make it Sunday. I'll meet up with Rich and the rest at the S. Reno location and cruise to Carson with them.

rg500nut

RG is in for 8:30 Sunday @ Mavericks, and Monitor is fine with me............
2 strokes always...............

RichVee4

Jimbo, looks like you will have some company!   Four meeting in Reno as of now, Tom, Scott, Monica and myself.

Also, I was driving thru Carson today and glanced over at the State Museum and noticed a couple vintage bikes on display in the window.   I pulled over and looked thru the window and they are 1913 Henderson Excelsior 4cyl.  Cant recall ever seeing one before.  They have two that I saw on display in beautiful condition.  Found this pic to give you an idea what they look like.   Might be fun to stop on the way thru town Sunday.

"Henderson produced 4-cylinder motorcycles from 1912 until 1931. They were the largest and fastest motorcycles of their time, and appealed to sport riders and police departments. Police favored them for traffic patrol because they were faster than anything on the roads. The company began during the golden age of motorcycling, and ended during the Great Depression"

1912 Henderson Four

Henderson Motorcycle promptly announced a new 57 cubic inch (934 cc) IOE four-cylinder 7 hp motorcycle, with the engine mounted inline with the frame and chain drive. Production began in 1911, using the in-line four-cylinder engine and long wheelbase that would become Henderson trademarks, and it was available to the public in January 1912. Advertisements boasted 7 HP and a price of $325.

nvgixxer

Wow, thanks for the info Rich! I had no idea they were on display here in CC. I'll have to check that out this week.
It looks like 5 riders so far and we haven't even heard from the 3 from Carson City yet. Maybe they'll show up!?
Lots of restaurants to choose from in Markleeville for lunch! Should be a kicked back and enjoyable get together. Bring your cameras kids!

Jimbo

flamecrow

ah, ye 'ol monitor pass. I'm down for a short and sweet ride. See ya @ 8:30am!

PAPASMURF

sounds like a nice ride. i can make this week. be there at 8.30. tally ho.
S1000R
R1250RS

nvgixxer

Looks like we might have 7 riders today, awesome! The weather in Markleeville is looking to be ideal, 86 degrees and sunny.
Hey Rich, I don't think anyone else from Carson is gonna show, but just in case, I'll hang out here at the north Starbucks waiting for you guys. There are plenty of gas stations close by in case anyone needs to gas up on the way out of town.

Jimbo