Main Menu

Shut down BLM Land!

Started by nothin2fast, March 28, 2012, 01:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nothin2fast

I had to sign a petition to keep open our BLM land yesterday. Now I heard on another forum that they're having a public meeting at the Hyatt by the reno airport. This doesn't look good for us in Northern Nevada. The meet is from 5-7 tonight. Please if you enjoy using the land for riding, shooting, hunting, camping or whatever then come by to support our right to use our land! If you can't make the meet I know that they have a petition at the service desk in Reno Honda.

cobra23

Yes my friends..
Let me tell you a story.....

This is how it all started in Washington State about 1980.. (I was 18 then)

1. $3.00 gives you a sticker (sound familar?) Yes folks it's 1980 and the money supports the trail systems YAAAYYYY !! Motorcycle riders being good citizens paid the 3.00 with pride knowing it went to a good cause. C'mon the dealer says...put this on your new bike, it supports the trails!!

2. You need the sticker for public land use (fight this NOW) this means all DNR, BLM, and Forset Service. This rule came the year after the 3.00 sticker.

3. The public needs Law Enforcement to enforce the 3.00 sticker fee and the land use rule. But..at 3.00 per vehicle there was not enough money to do that. "Excuse me sir do you have the Trail Sticker on this motorcycle?".. "Ah no officer I thought it was voluntary"... "Not this year.. here is your 50 dollar ticket..."

4. Sticker raises to $12.00 to help pay for Law Enforcement

5. The public needs MORE Law enforcement, nobody likes the $12.00 sticker, they stop buying them. It's real easy to "run"... as the terrain in Washington is for the most part nasty.

6. Sticker price goes up $$$$ again registeration required all off road vehicles, Law needs better stuff to catch the "runners".

7. More Law enforcement, and now the Forest Service gets "deputized"(and a pay raise for the deputies), this one I don't mind too much, except for the ticket my buddy got for 300 bucks cause his family "crossed" a Forest Service Dirt road 4 people, 4 bikes, good revenue day there.

7a. You follow the rules and ride at your buddies 50 acre land site, only to get a ticket for "Crossing" a posted Forest Service Dirt Road.

8. This is complicated..and will break your heart (as it did mine) your 1978 CR 250 now needs to be "street legal" to ride Forest service  dirt roads.

8a. Junk your two stroke you can't make it street legal, in Washington State (that will be Nevada soon)

8b. Trails are now maintained by non profit clubs, cause they ain't no sticker money left after we pay for all the Law Enforcement to buy Bikes, and Quads, trailers and trucks to Enforce the Sticker law. If you would like to volunteer I know of a club in Wa. always looking for help.

9. Street legal vehicles need a Forest service parking permit to offload, and park for the day. Your off road vehicles (that already have the expensive sticker and registration) and your Pickup which has already paid for a license, now need to pay more to "Park" on public land, that I think as the "public" we already own.

10. Screw it says the Legislature... if your bike is not street legal..stay out of the woods altogether. (this is coming in Washington...)

This is the pattern fellas. They started in California about 1970 in the name of trail maint. Now all the fees do is give the State the money to enforce the rules they did not need in the first place.

I have the absolute highest regard for Law Enforcement. I went to school with one of the deputies in Chelan County WA. who's current full time job is "ORV enforcement". In 1980 that poisition did not exist.

Fight This !!

nothin2fast

Ok. I went to the meeting which was kinda an open house. Right now they are only in the scoping phase which lasts through April. They need our input to make sure the favorite riding/OHV areas stay open and designated for these activities. As of right now they have no such plan to close or change anything! Please! Please! Please! Voice your favorite recreation spots so they stay open! Email comments to: blm_nv_ccdo_rmp@blm.gov  or even better complete an online comment form at: http://www.blm.gov/nv/st/en/fo/carson_city_field.html       Thank's for your support!

GreenMachine

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.