Main Menu

Storage RULE #1

Started by Admin CATZ, June 08, 2010, 04:51:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin CATZ

Here's our new full page ad;designed by yours truely :)

Adiggity

BVH should really get a better marketing guy!  :-*

Nice ad buddy.  8)

Admin CATZ

I just noticed that the I put 2011 instead of 2010. Good thing it hasn't gone to print yet.

Adiggity

That's better. You deserve a raise. ;D

n10sive

Quote from: Adiggity on June 08, 2010, 04:54:10 PM
BVH should really get a better marketing guy! 

I'll agree with this statement...and not laugh it off. Seriously.

Your metaphor isn't working in the way you presented it. It also feels cheap and is not coherent.

Sorry...if you wanted smoke blown up your ass you came to the wrong place. You have tossed quite a few balloons on this forum with no/zero feedback. That's because nobody wants to say anything negative. Well...I'll bite and be honest.

And yeah...I owned my own business and spent many dollars on, and worked with some of the best advertisers around.

BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

A DRAGON

So they still have a job and you don't.  Zach are you getting paid or doing that for free? If your getting paid you must be a pro. Wana do some work for SSA? We need good PR right now.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

n10sive

Quote from: A DRAGON on June 09, 2010, 01:08:17 AM
So they still have a job and you don't.  Zach are you getting paid or doing that for free? If your getting paid you must be a pro. Wana do some work for SSA? We need good PR right now.

you talking to me? I have a job. A better one than you too....or Zachs.

Admin CATZ

n10sive,

Sorry if I ever did anything to piss you off. I don't mind feedback at all but your kind of being an ass. I actually have a network of designers and design agencies here in town that I work with. We all send comps back and forth all day and make suggestions on them. You are never going to have everyone like everything you do.

I also send all my ads to Honda corporate advertising for their insight. Even though they are not the ones approving the ads for co-op, they are Honda's national advertising dept. On this ad the head of advertising emailed me back with "We like this one allot, great photo".

Besides BVH I am so busy at night and on the weekends that I have been turning jobs down lately. I have also had three job offers in the last two months from companies trying to get me. Hmm A&E called me last month and I filmed several episodes for one of their shows. The National Parks dept. in DC contact me and ask me to write an article for their magazines. They saw an eblast I sent out with a story.

So my job is to travel across the west coast attending motorcycle events and report on them, make ads for six national brands, spend my days making motorcycle videos, and designing motorcycle related websites and web content for three dealers. Hell they even strapped me to the outside of a plane to film in Idaho. I think it might be hard to find a better job than mine.

A DRAGON

Zach I think we all need to add a few more smiles in our posts. ;D >:( :( :o :D ;) :) :-* :-* :-*
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

n10sive

Sorry you took my comments as being an ass. Sometimes the written word does not go over as well as the spoken word.

I thought you were asking for feedback. I gave it. Albiet bluntly, but I tried to humor it off with the 'blowing smoke up your ass' comment. That is me. My last comment was to qualify myself as having experience in the field, so maybe my feedback is worth more to you than someone who sizes shoes at Big 5. I was also on the Fire Department for 10 years. Did you know most FF ride Harley's? At least EVERYONE I knew.

I understand you have a history with the club. But none with me other than you used our meeting with the new owners of RFR to promote your web site and video business. Yes...I thought it was out of line and that is my only beef with you. You shouldn't have been at OUR meeting if that is all you wanted.

I also think that in the future, if all your participation on this board is just to quietly admin, and only post ad's for BVH, then maybe the threads should be locked after you post. But like I said, I thought you were asking for feedback so I gave it. Maybe I shouldn't have knowing that artistic types are sensitive about their work, and in all my meetings with people like yourself and me, they often get testy. What I would like to see however, is that you post on here on matters other than self promoting yourself and BVH. That way I, and others, can get to know you a bit better. If we had that, maybe there wouldn't have been any mis-interpretation of your intentions here.

As for now, I will apologize if you felt my comments harsh. Cheers

A DRAGON

Dale Can I have a HUG? You old Bear ;) ;D ;D ;D
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

n10sive

Quote from: A DRAGON on June 09, 2010, 12:26:17 PM
Dale Can I have a HUG? You old Bear ;) ;D ;D ;D

ummm...NO! You squeeze too tight! LOL

TWF

To bad bike is not burning track  ;D

Adiggity

Quote from: TWF on June 09, 2010, 03:15:15 PM
To bad bike is not burning track  ;D
That would be the 06, 07 R6's doing that job.  :)

Admin CATZ

n10sive umm, whatever  :-\

FYI - About 15+ years ago I started this club. Jerome showed up at the first meeting which had 170+ people. For years the club had no income but it had a newsletter, then a website, then stickers and most of it I paid for out of my own pocket. Jerome and I have put countless hours of time into this club. We have seen people come and go. I may not have a sportbike right now but if you don't think I do things for the club just ask Jerome. Yes I put some of BVH's promos on the site every now and then, but there are no banner ads or anything intrusive. If you look at the BVH site you'll also notice we have SSA on our extra's and calendar. We will also be doing an eblast for your trackday.

TWF: You just gave me a great idea!  :)

Adiggity, shhh, it's bad for business :)