Main Menu

Finally tuned to perfection

Started by AFM937, February 15, 2010, 09:22:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFM937

Really excited to ride the GSXR this year. Got the electronics installed and am looking forward to dialing in the traction control soon. The quick shifter is finally working and the bike is perfectly mapped for pump and race fuels via a map selector switch on the bar. We added a couple of upgrades for power and better shifting then made some control adjustments which I had never thought about doing. Hopefully the tips and adjustments work and I can apply this new information in my riding. The dyno process was really involved and entailed much more than just measuring exhaust gases and making the numbers look good. These guys really took their time making the bike run right. All said and done 172 hp at the tire. Now lets go ride.

SLAYING A DRAGON

just kidding peeps

Justin

Quote from: AFM937 on February 15, 2010, 09:22:07 PM
The dyno process was really involved and entailed much more than just measuring exhaust gases and making the numbers look good. These guys really took their time making the bike run right.
First,
Who did the work?   You credit 'these guys' like we all know who you're talking about
Second,
Did you build a GP bike or something?  Traction control, electronics, quickshifter. . .

2wcp

Quote from: Justino on February 15, 2010, 09:33:52 PM
Quote from: AFM937 on February 15, 2010, 09:22:07 PM
The dyno process was really involved and entailed much more than just measuring exhaust gases and making the numbers look good. These guys really took their time making the bike run right.
First,
Who did the work?   You credit 'these guys' like we all know who you're talking about
Second,
Did you build a GP bike or something?  Traction control, electronics, quickshifter. . .

Factory pro did the work. And you didn't know that Eddie just has money all over the place to spend on his bike. Maybe he'll be able to stay ahead now...just need to work on his launches.  :D
2 Wheel Custom Performance
2536 Sutro St Suite 12
Reno, NV 89512
775-303-1857
steve@2wcp.com
www.2wcp.com
Tues-Fri 10a-6p
Sat 10a-5p

Slipstream

Im new here but, isn't that what a stock gsxr does at sea level? not trying to bash, but it sounds like you spent alot of money.

dmh2000

roadracing world mag this month has an article on tuning the Bazazz traction control.
dave

SPL

Good to hear you got the electronics up and running Eddie.   172hp should be more than enough to get cha movin around the track. Out of curiosity that 172 is sea level or higher elevation?  I was thinking with what you had done it should have pushed a bit more ponies.

Building Dreams One Bike At A Time!  775-825-4457

AFM937

Yeah Factory pro did the set up. Really excited to see how everything works. The 172 hp was at sea level. Although this is with a completely stock motor. Stock cams, pistons, etc. Not even a thinner head gasket.

Anyway 172 is a pretty good number at the tire but if you have questions about stock hp numbers feel free to check with our local shops or run yours on a local dyno and compare the numbers to the magazine articles. It is usually quite different.

Weather looks ify for sunday at T-hill......Bummer.
SLAYING A DRAGON

just kidding peeps

Justin

quite different???
My buddy's CBR 600 makes 92hp. . . not quite the 115 they advertise.

2wcp

If you guys don't realize, the bikes that they get for these magazine tests are hand built. They are the Grade A quality that we would all hope for in a bike. They are put together with the best performance possible, cylinders and rings are at their tightest tolerances to get the most power on the dyno. The numbers look good on paper, but rarely add up to what a "production" bike makes. And on the note of production bikes, they can vary quite a bit as to what kind of power they put out compared to exact same models.
2 Wheel Custom Performance
2536 Sutro St Suite 12
Reno, NV 89512
775-303-1857
steve@2wcp.com
www.2wcp.com
Tues-Fri 10a-6p
Sat 10a-5p

SPL

I will agree with you Steve.. ;D Every motor we have ever pulled apart for degreeing cams have rarely ever been where factory specs are suppose to be let alone going with closer tolerances. A great example was the 07 R1 we just put back together.  The specs werent even set at stock numbers on the cams when Brian opened it up.  So he set it up added a thinner head gasket ect.. Then when we put it on the Dyno last weekend it made 160hp.  But the funny thing is its the only R1 we have ever had that made 160hp at our elevation.    Even though you got guys claiming they make more than that.    The Dyno is a humbling experience in some cases.

I was just thinking for some reason Eddie had a bunch of motor work done to it. I was under the impression he had 2 motors and one was built and the other stock. At least thats what I can recall last year at a track day when we were chatting.  Thats why I asked him about the mods done to the bike.

Building Dreams One Bike At A Time!  775-825-4457

Justin

Myron's Orange Kawi ZX10 made a huge amount of HP at the Mall Dyno.
Stock.  (maybe that one was supposed to go to the magazines)

AFM937

That's like the motor I just put in Justino. Which made pretty good stock power. Yeah Sam, I put in a second motor that I got a great deal on. The original motor had quite a few track miles on it so I figured I put it in while I was installing the Bazzaz stuff. I do plan to really build up the original motor when I am comfortable with the TC and see how I can handle the extra power I have now. Then of course I've gotta get faster......The guys I race against are amazingly fast. Even Mastalka had his hands full with these guys as fast as he is. WHEW. Wish me luck.

Oh yeah like 2WCP steve says I have to start alot better too.
SLAYING A DRAGON

just kidding peeps