Main Menu

S P L Going out of business???????

Started by AFM937, January 02, 2010, 05:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFM937

Heard that SPL was closing its doors. Stopped by today and saw that everything was being moved out of the shop on Glendale. No one really said anything so I just left. Brian and the crew did look pre-occupied.

Did anyone get a smokin' deal on anything? If you knew of course.
SLAYING A DRAGON

just kidding peeps

SPL

EDDIE! We are not going out of business. AND SCOTT TOLD YOU THAT right in front of me.    Appreciate your tackiness my friend. Please grow up. We are still here. Our lease is up in Feburary in that building and the property management company and SPL didnt come to an agreement on the rent as they wanted to raise it.    So for now we are moving everything into a warehouse until we decide on the new location.   Everyone with bikes with us are still taken care of and storage is still available. 

NOTHING IS CHANGING WITH SPL!!! 
Building Dreams One Bike At A Time!  775-825-4457

AFM937

Cool!! But Scott had already told other guys that SPL was closing. Thats how I found out. Anyway I justed asked a question to see if anyone had heard anything. You never confirmed or denied anything to me. I won't apologize for asking!!!
SLAYING A DRAGON

just kidding peeps

MotoPutz

Well please keep us informed on where you end up at!!! Sorry you couldn't make an agreement to stay in your current location. Do you have a number that you can post where we can still get a hold of you when your back to being just mobile till you find a new place?

zipbyu

Ha Ha, that is funny.  See how rummors start. 
There is no reason why rent should be going up, Taxes are going down. :P  So is reno's population.

cobra23

Good to hear SPL is A-ok, great bunch you guys are..

SPL

Thanks appreciate it guys.  Well the story with our shop goes like this.  The owner orginally wanted something like 2000 a month for it. We got him to give it to us for cheaper but the contract said the price was only good for a year and then the terms were up for reneg in Feb 2010.  Well long story short the guy wants to raise it. Claims he can rent it for more than we are paying.

Numbers are the same for now guys.  If you need anything just use our cells.

775-338-4126 or 775-741-2217

wills

Rumors are amazing, I heard one the other day something about a job creation bill that would work ::)
Stop Global Whining!
2015 1200RS
2018 H2 SE
Old Sprint Back East

99 900ss duc

Quote from: wills on January 05, 2010, 07:14:02 AM
Rumors are amazing, I heard one the other day something about a job creation bill that would work ::)

that is no rumor, they are looking for sharpshooters to shoot politicians, pay is minimum wage though

Justin

Quote from: XXXXL on January 05, 2010, 02:26:09 PM
Quote from: wills on January 05, 2010, 07:14:02 AM

that is no rumor, they are looking for sharpshooters to shoot politicians, pay is minimum wage though

There is no need for a sarcasm font. . .  just an "XXXL" before the post

Justin

Quote from: Superbike Performance Lab on January 03, 2010, 12:42:56 PM
EDDIE! We are not going out of business. AND SCOTT TOLD YOU THAT right in front of me.    Appreciate your tackiness my friend. Please grow up. We are still here. Our lease is up in Feburary in that building and the property management company and SPL didnt come to an agreement on the rent as they wanted to raise it.    So for now we are moving everything into a warehouse until we decide on the new location.   Everyone with bikes with us are still taken care of and storage is still available. 

NOTHING IS CHANGING WITH SPL!!! 

IF THIS ISN'T a page out of the 'RFR public relations manual'. . . i don't know what is.
   **I'm Amazed**

We'd all be better off asking
What does this say about me, or my company?
What will am I generating?
Does this fit with my overall mission?

Here is my version where I act like a guy trying to drum up intereset in my company.

""""Hey Eddie,
Thanks for creating a public forum for the rumors.  I didn't realize they were circulating.  I thought you got the straight story from Scott when you spoke with him at the shop.
Here's the story:
When we moved in we got a scorcher of a deal on rent, but the deal was only until this Feb.
We're trying to keep him at the original terms, but not having much luck as he thinks he can get more than what we're paying now.
We're moving stuff in storage until we can lock down a great location.  We are still available for service as well as winter storage.  The bikes we have in the shop are being very well taken care of!

We'll make sure to keep our current and future customers informed of any changes!
Thanks,
The SPL team.""""

Do whatever you want with my 2cents.

99 900ss duc

[/quote]

there are 4 X's  count em  xxxxl...    jeesh

n10sive

Quote from: XXXXL on January 05, 2010, 07:44:00 PM

there are 4 X's  count em  xxxxl...    jeesh
[/quote]

Yeah...that would make him one X short of a full helmet  :P
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

SPL

Thanks Justino on your 2 cents..

But I still stand by my orginal post to Eddie.     Hope all is well with you buddy.

Justin

Quote from: Superbike Performance Lab on January 06, 2010, 11:00:12 AM
. . .   Hope all is well with you buddy.
Things would be better if it were warmer and I was chewing through slicks at the track.
I specifically did NOT move back to truckee because of the temps and the snow.
Drat. . .  Foiled again.

Keep us posted on locations.  Im not sure of any locations zoned for 'auto' but I'll keep an eye out.