Main Menu

Roll Call - Alpine Lake via Ebbetts Pass 09/04/16

Started by GreenMachine, September 03, 2016, 10:58:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

8:45 - 9:00 KSU.  Meet at Java Jungle at 8:30 AM.  A Dragon's Sunday Ride to Ebbetts Pass.

We'll head south from there when everybody is ready.  Casual pace.  Not on a schedule, so just looking to take the scenery in.  Hopefully it won't be too cool up top.

p.s. We were going to head over to Sears Point.  That got upgraded to taking in hwy 1 as well, then just the coast and hwy 1, but then Dragon had some issues with tires and such, so we thought it best to stay fairly local...by comparison, at least.  :evil1
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

MikeHoy

Reply to:

Michael Hoy
2340 Skyline Boulevard
Reno, Nevada 89509
(775) 432-5582

GreenMachine

I was a little late.   :P

Hey, I'm not a coffee drinker.  I was on time for KSU.

I think I got my riding fill for today.  Was some great fun out there too.  Good verbal jabbing too.  That stuff makes me laugh long after. 

Thanks for coming out today.  Hope to see you on more too.  :thumbup
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

MikeHoy

Yep.  Ebbetts was a blast.  Thanks again for the tour and waiting for me to catch up.
Reply to:

Michael Hoy
2340 Skyline Boulevard
Reno, Nevada 89509
(775) 432-5582

GreenMachine

Forget that mindset when you're on our rides, you were on unfamiliar roads.  You did what we hoped you would, ride the pace that you felt most comfortable with.  I hope it was fun for you, because it was fun for us too.

On our rides we don't necessarily wait so much, as the group ranks riders like a bicycle group ride.  The ones that ate their Wheaties or are 'feeling it' that day go up front and the ones learning unfamiliar roadways or 'aren't feeling it' or just like a more casual sight seeing pace ride somewhere behind them. 

If anything, on the way back I was going to let you go out front.  I wasn't feeling that kind of pace through Washoe.  Somewhat surprised by the fact that cars were still passing us.  And besides, having new blood gives Dragon the excuse to tell his stories all over again.  :o

A DRAGON

YEAH I KNOW.  THOSE SAME OLD STORIES. BUT I DID ENJOY THE RIDE. MY TIRES ARE COOKED. ALL WORE OUT ON THE OUTSIDE.  A LITTLE IN THE CENTER LEFT. THAT'S THE WAY I LIKE IT.

Mikehoy. THANKS FOR RIDING YOUR PACE. IT WAS A PLEASURE NOT TO HAVE A PROBLEM ON OUR RIDE. SO MANY TIMES IT'S  HARD TO GET PEOPLE TO DO JUST THAT.  THE PLACES WE CAN SHOW YOU TO COME OUT ON YOUR OWN IS JUST AWESOME IF YOU RIDE AT YOUR OWN PACE.  ALPINE LAKE IS REALLY COOL. CAN'T WAIT TO GO BACK.

THANKS AGAIN GREENMACHINE. FOR ALWAYS BEING THERE FOR US. HAVE FUN AT YOUR WEDDING RECEPTION. 
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750