Main Menu

Winter is finally over

Started by Vegasrider, March 01, 2016, 08:26:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vegasrider

Glad to see that the snow is finally behind us. No more taking the bus to work when the streets are covered with snow or ice. I took my mittens off My FZ, it's no longer winterized.

Sub-Sonic

Where are you? in LA?

4 ft. of snow coming over the next week to the mountains here:

http://www.wunderground.com/us/ca/kirkwood/zmw:95646.1.99999

GreenMachine

Vegasrider, let's hope SS's forecast pans out.  Rain mostly here anyways.  Snow down by Kirkwood.  We need the fresh water!

COME ON MIRACLE MARCH!
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

dub

Quote from: Vegasrider on March 01, 2016, 08:26:10 AM
Glad to see that the snow is finally behind us. No more taking the bus to work when the streets are covered with snow or ice. I took my mittens off My FZ, it's no longer winterized.

lol. Do you read forecast discussions, or do you just look up into the sky, see it's blue, and declare winter is over?

Quote from: NWSA transition to an active and wet pattern will begin this weekend and persist into next week. The first of the series of storms is expected around the Friday night into Saturday morning timeframe. This system will be a weaker and warmer storm which may produce travel impacts across Sierra passes. The next system will push through the region Saturday night through Monday morning which should be a moderate and colder storm with travel impacts expected. The active pattern will continue with the potential for additional moderate to strong storms possible next week.

Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

Vegasrider

It's been in the 60's for the past two weeks.  I don't mind the rain, let it rain and let it snow in the mountains.  I think the  RTC Bus is history until next winter.  LOL.... I even bought a bus pass.  It doesn't expire though, it's good for ten rides.

dub

Yeah it sounds like you may luck out and get all rain in Reno.

dub

Quote from: NWSA strong winter storm will impact the Sierra this weekend. An initial period of high Sierra snow is expected as early as Friday evening along with strong winds out in western Nevada Saturday.

A strong cold front will quickly drop snow levels to near western Nevada valley floors by Sunday morning during which the heaviest snowfall is expected in the Sierra.

A second burst of moderate to heavy snowfall is possible Sunday night into Monday morning which may result in accumulating snow and travel impacts on western Nevada valley floors for the Monday morning commute. Snow showers will linger through Monday with a break in the action through Thursday with another storm possible by next Friday.

GreenMachine

Sounds like good news to me!

When is this storm suppose to dump on us?  Thus far, it hasn't lived up to its labeling.

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Sub-Sonic

Great weekend for riding.

This:

Sub-Sonic

Quote from: GM on March 05, 2016, 09:42:10 AM
When is this storm suppose to dump on us?  Thus far, it hasn't lived up to its labeling.

It will probably miss completely:

GreenMachine

Vegasrider

Quote from: Sub-Sonic on March 03, 2016, 06:53:09 PM
Great weekend for riding.

This:

I'm renting a snowmobile this weekend.  It's a guided tour, including lunch.  Never been on one, hope my motorcycle gear be sufficient. 

Sub-Sonic

Quote from: Vegasrider on March 08, 2016, 08:01:22 PM

I'm renting a snowmobile this weekend.  It's a guided tour, including lunch.  Never been on one, hope my motorcycle gear be sufficient.

Guided Tour = riding 20 mph with old ladies that run into your six (never done it, just seen it).  If you want an 'adventure' go to Yellowstone area.  It was -27 F in that picture, so cold even the locals wouldn't come out until lunch time.  Had a 100 square miles of trails all to myself all morning because it was 'too cold' for other 'riders'

You will be fine down here (temp-wise), textiles over a light layer is plenty.  Maybe a thin wind balaclava if it's chilly.
If the 'guides give you a chance to go off trail, take it and explore what the machine can do in the deep snow.

What do they rent Polaris, Ski-doo?

dub

How's that commute this morning? Good thing winter is over.

slmoto

Quote from: dub on March 28, 2016, 10:22:53 AM
How's that commute this morning? Good thing winter is over.

:crackup
Don't mean to laugh at your pain VR but this comment cracked me up. :)