Main Menu

Roll Call - Group Ride Markleeville 09/11/11

Started by GreenMachine, September 06, 2011, 09:07:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

Post here if you think you can make it.  This is one of the shorter SSA rides.  We'll head south for the day and lunch in Markleeville.  This is a South ride departing from *bucks on Topsy Lane in CC at 10:00AM.  The weather is predicted to be sunny, mid-80's.  Hope to see you all there.

After the Markleeville ride, we'll only have Buck's Lake and the FREE Yosemite day ride/hike for the season.  There are no planned rides after that.

p.s. Sorry Wills.  I know how much you liked this ride.  Heal up and we'll give it a go anytime you want.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

KKM

Are you going from Reno to VC and Monitor Pass on this ride ?
Kevin
2009 Aprilia RSV1000R
2012 KTM990R ADV
2013 KTM 500XCW

CptnHornblower

Hi Kevin, I think I'm going to tag along tomorrow. Hope to see you in the AM.

Greenie, are the Reno riders meeting up for the ride to CC? Where and when?
Earnest Hemingway : There are only 3 sports, Bullfighting, Motor Racing and Mountain climbing. All the rest are games.

KKM

Hi Bruce,
I was going to run to the bottom of geiger grade and wait at the chain up area for when you guys come by. Any thoughts on what time you would be at the bottom of geiger ?
Kevin
2009 Aprilia RSV1000R
2012 KTM990R ADV
2013 KTM 500XCW

CptnHornblower

My guess is that we'd get to the bottom of Geiger about 0900, which would give us an hour to get to CC for a 10AM start, but I assume Greenie will update with a place and time to meet for the Reno riders. If I don't hear from him I'll plan on rolling through the chain up area about 0900.
Earnest Hemingway : There are only 3 sports, Bullfighting, Motor Racing and Mountain climbing. All the rest are games.

GreenMachine

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

Quote from: CptnHornblower on September 10, 2011, 03:08:08 PM
My guess is that we'd get to the bottom of Geiger about 0900, which would give us an hour to get to CC for a 10AM start, but I assume Greenie will update with a place and time to meet for the Reno riders. If I don't hear from him I'll plan on rolling through the chain up area about 0900.
I like the enthusiasm!  For every ride, but one this year, we haven't had a need to rush down to CC.  Therefore, I would suggest that we make a slower start from Reno, leaving at 9:30AM from the Chevron (Longley and S. Virginia).  We can meet up with KKM by ~9:40 and ask anyone joining us from CC that we may be a few minutes late. 

Let me know what you guys think?

CptnHornblower

That sounds good to me, I'll be at the Chevron at 0930.

KKM

OK, I will be ready at 9:40 at the chain up area. This will be great as I can get in a few laps before you guys show up.
Kevin
2009 Aprilia RSV1000R
2012 KTM990R ADV
2013 KTM 500XCW

RBRDUC

02 Ducati 748s
92 zx7

Tahoebrian5

Have fun you guys. I'm working away the weekend to make up for taking Thursday off.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

GreenMachine

And riding with you guys was okay too.  Well, maybe better than okay.  Maybe great.   :thanks

Okay, but what was the deal with the crazy lady stopping traffic at the bottom of VC hwy?  That happened to me about a month back too, up on Skyline.  Some guy thought he'd take it upon himself to stand in the lane and tell people to stop....for no apparent reason.  Is there something in the water?  WTF!!

RBRDUC

It was a great ride, Thanks GM!
Nothing like stopping in the rain waiting on a crazy person.  :P
02 Ducati 748s
92 zx7

DatZX9Girl

Yep! Yep! Great ride!  Was hella fun!  Can't count the rain too much...we were almost home by then.  Besides...each ride seems to be a new experience for me and you can't have too many of those!   ;)  (GM: I hope you don't mind, I stole your pictures and shared them on my facebook page so friends and family could see us too.  Thank you!!!)   (Dee)
If you can't beat em...join em, at least half way!

KKM

Thanks everyone for a great ride. Monitor Pass is now one of the best roads around. No more tar snakes. The straight on top is interesting as I heard that a few riders were in the something 30s to 40s through there. When I peeled off at Mound House you could look back at Monitor and it was raining very heavy there. It does sound that you found some water on geiger some were. By the way there is something in the water in VC.
Kevin
2009 Aprilia RSV1000R
2012 KTM990R ADV
2013 KTM 500XCW