Main Menu

**RFR NEWS FLASH** Reno Fernley Racetrack

Started by A DRAGON, November 11, 2009, 10:05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFM937

What do you mean bad day? I can't wait to ride RFR.  The SSA team has done a great getting this going. Hell with out you guys doing the work the track has nothing. I'm just concerned with those certain sections of the track and the fact the 1st weekend may be on a coveted race weekend.

What was your impression of the track surface?
SLAYING A DRAGON

just kidding peeps

D1NO

Drama  ::) Sounds like a REAL family...

Thanks to EVERYONE!!! who has contributed in making this happen, may it be small or big and behind the scenes. I think we all agree that our little community try to do the best we can to promote, contribute and make SSA what it is...

Now, lets get this track open ;D ;D ;D

Justin

Quote from: AFM937 on April 22, 2010, 07:11:03 PM
What was your impression of the track surface?
We drove it slowly in a truck.  I couldn't tell if the back straight had gotten worse, because I have never done the back straight slowly, or in a truck.  I'm wondering how it would feel at speed.  If I gotta take it easy through that section, I will, and then game on just before the apex.
The rest of the track were in need of repairs which they were waiting on 3 warm days in a row to get them done.   Majority of repairs are on the same place that had previous repairs.  The front straight has a long one that is on the left portion of the straight (I don't ride there even when passing)
What were you riding/driving and I see you only went thirty.  If the bumps are far enough apart the suspension doesn't get a chance to work.

dragxs11

About the slide, it's only really scary if your coming down from 9C as you build a lot of speed and have to burn it off before you start dropping.  Coming up in the opposite direction is a blast cuz you know you have acres of pavement in case you missjudge a bit.  I've also come down it from 17C and thats cool cuz you burn off your speed early for 18C before entering the slide and it makes for a nice long right sweeper down the hill.
I don't know most of you yet all that well, but I also am truely appreciative of all the effort you guys have put into this.  If there is anything I can do to help, please message me.  Some of you may remember me as the guy who got hauled off in an ambulance a couple years ago on an SSA day in March.  Doesn't that make you want to take all advice from me ;D
BTW, three of us are going too TH for the PTT day on May 10.  We got room for one or two more if your interested.  Leaving on the 9th so the cost would be $160 + chip in for fuel and motel.

A DRAGON

Paul. Thanks for all you've done and are still doing for us. The club and the Ex-Board really appreciates your efforts. I hope you don't feel under appreciated. Your enthusiasm is what a club needs to keep everyone excited again and again every year. Like the Rookies do to all the veterans of a baseball team.  Don't feel your under appreciated. Your not. Thanks again for all you've done. We all have made contributions some more than others and some less. We give what we can. It just seems sometimes we want everything to work much faster than they do. This is how you get attached to the club. Create a bond that's really hard to sever. Your pursuing your passion. Just be patient my son. Your efforts are not going unnoticed.  ;)
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

pyxie

I just joined and head the news that you guys are hosting the Reno-Fernley track days. GINORMOUS THANK YOU!!!!! You've just made my year! ^_^ That's my favorite track and I was so bummed to hear it might not be open for year. Already spread the word to SCR and Curve Unit so hopefully we can get plenty of riders to see what it's all about and get addicted. heh Have a beautiful weekend!
The Ride Is The Destination!

Click For Cool Moto Shirts -> http://www.zazzle.com/pinaypyxie

n10sive

Quote from: pyxie on April 24, 2010, 10:49:09 AM
I just joined and head the news that you guys are hosting the Reno-Fernley track days. GINORMOUS THANK YOU!!!!! You've just made my year! ^_^ That's my favorite track and I was so bummed to hear it might not be open for year. Already spread the word to SCR and Curve Unit so hopefully we can get plenty of riders to see what it's all about and get addicted. heh Have a beautiful weekend!

Thanks for helping get the word out Pyxie!
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

Darren

I see an SSA and SCR event in our future!  ;D You guys rock!
Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat!

"I ride slow so my friends look fast"

Www.sacramentocrotchrockets.com

Justin

Quote from: Darren on April 25, 2010, 10:26:35 PM
I see an SSA and SCR event in our future!  
Absolutely.  

I just read your homepage and you are definitely my type of organization.  Fellowship as well as safety.
I hope to meet some SCR riders soon.

Justin (with or without the 'o')

AFM937

Justino, I rode the track with my 09 Kawasaki. Tried sections forward and in reverse then tried different configurations. Walked the areas I was concerned about then came to my conclusion.

Will there be any sort of instructors meeting before May 22nd?
SLAYING A DRAGON

just kidding peeps

Justin

Quote from: AFM937 on April 26, 2010, 09:19:58 PM
Will there be any sort of instructors meeting before May 22nd?
Yup. We'll keep you posted.
Aren't you racing that weekend.  PM me.

A DRAGON

Yes Eddie. We'll have our Pre-track day meeting on May 8th. (Saturday Ngiht) at La Vecchia. 7 p.m.

I'm sorry I scheduled it for the same weekend as an AFM Race. I hope you don't feel I was disrespecting you. You and all your crew of AFM Racers help us out tremendously. I felt this was the only thing to do if we wanted a date in May. None of our other dates are on those weekends. Once again Eddie I apologize.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

RCFLAGGER

Well,  whadjaknow?  All good things come to those who wait........  My source tells me that  400 ft of the SUNSET are to be resurfaced, along with other spots in the PEANUT and elsewhere..... this is to be done before the first scheduled event, now if only they can remember what day that is???   On a less sarcastic note folks,  PRAY for stable warm weather so the paving work can be done!!!!  Plan to be at the meetn' ifin thats OHTAY with ya'll.............seeya. ;) :D
RACING is the only form of compitition......everything else is just a GAME.........  '84 GoldWing ,'82 KZ1100-D, '75 Kaw Z-1 900, '73 Honda CL-350, '69 Honda CT-90

MotoPutz

ChrisM

I bought 2, question, I need to buy one day for my wife, and one for my brother in law.  one will ride c, one b.  I'm not sure which day  each will ride (they will ride on opposite days).  If I buy her sat and he sunday and it ends up flipping, will that be an issue?