Main Menu

monitor pass closed

Started by 288RR, June 27, 2014, 08:45:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

288RR

So as I was heading south tonight. I was a bright orange board.   So I turned around to take a peak. 

dub

Death Ride. Happens every year.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

GreenMachine

Thanks for posting 288!

I intentionally work around that road outage on the schedule.  It only takes a little research.  This year it turns out we'll be at WSBK anyway.

Last weekend, there were a lot of cyclists training.  I overheard one say, I believe, that there's actually two rides coming up.  One this weekend, called the Alpine and the main event of the year two weeks later, the Death Ride.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

288RR

Quote from: dub on June 27, 2014, 09:18:00 PM
Death Ride. Happens every year.
I had no idea,  and I drive pass monitor all the time and I think this is the first time I saw the sign.

288RR

Quote from: GreenMachine on June 27, 2014, 09:35:45 PM
Thanks for posting 288!

I intentionally work around that road outage on the schedule.  It only takes a little research.  This year it turns out we'll be at WSBK anyway.

Last weekend, there were a lot of cyclists training.  I overheard one say, I believe, that there's actually two rides coming up.  One this weekend, called the Alpine and the main event of the year two weeks later, the Death Ride.

I didn't even think about no ride due to wsbk weekend

GreenMachine

It's an SSA tradition.  ADragon would host pizza night in Monterey for anyone who wanted to show up and therefore there wasn't any ride scheduled.  It assumed everyone was out of town at the races.

Ha!  But we'll be riding that Friday.  :egyptian :disco Then concentrating on having celebratory beer for 36 hours straight.   :cheers :drinking
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.