Main Menu

How about a bike night???/. It's just a hang out, don't need to ride 2 wheels

Started by 288RR, March 24, 2014, 05:45:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

288RR

Quote from: dub on April 03, 2014, 08:38:28 AM
You should update the OP with the time and place  you are meeting so people don't have to read through every post to try and figure it out. I have been kind of loosely following this thread and I don't know.

Thanks dub foe the input.   I updated it

Mel

I won't make the cart track, but I'll be at Pinocchio's (first time) about 6:00 or so. See you all there!

Mel

GreenMachine

I am a little curious about the carts.  I might actually ride out tonight, but I'm working this afternoon.  Hope I'm not late, but if I am I'll catch the crowd at one spot or the other.   :angel
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

288RR

Thanks everyone that came out.  I had a good time listening to Mel talking about goat roads.

GreenMachine

So you were about two seconds from slitting your wrists?   :evil1

Good thing your brought your girlfriend with you then to keep your sanity.

Did I talk too much?
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

288RR

Naw much longer than that,  Mel and you both have some great stories, learning about new roads, and some tips and hits on riding even better.  I can't wait to see what Mel puts together for a ride, and hopefully I'll be able to make it.
And. No girlfriend for me,  that's my real good friend,  pretty much like a sister.

GreenMachine

The cart racing was fun.  Wish they would have told me about the brake killing the motor.  Those things are really meant for shorter drivers.  DR wouldn't fit.  Certainly with his bad back.  The lateral Gs they could generate was exceptional, but when you got off line trying to experiment or due to oversteer, the dirty portion of the track could send you off sliding.  By the end, I had finally figured out how to ride the thing hard.  That's when I began to enjoy it, but then they cut the power and our time was done.   :-\ 

Hope I wasn't too obnoxious pushing Daniel and his girlfriend out of they way.  Rocket gets me kinda spastic sometimes with his competitiveness.   I blame him and you should too.

Mel

Hey guys and gals, had a great time hanging out with you all tonight! Thanks for putting it together Daniel and for picking up most of the tab 8). I did my best to try and talk GM into liking the goat roads, but it was a lost cause :)! I'll have to start thinking about a ride to the Santa Cruz mountains and what roads to pick ;).

Mel

NevadaWolf

Thanks guys for letting a lone wolf drop in and hang out with you all. It was finally grea to meet (and re-meet!) the folks that I keep seeing on here. Now I have faces and voices! I loved hearing the stories and hope to one day start out with you on some ride this year. Else, I'll just follow along the same roads.

The spot I wanted to share is called Carroll Summit out on 722, between Middlegate and Austin. You can see the short section of twists here: http://www.satelliteviews.net/cgi-bin/g.cgi?fid=847274&state=NV&ftype=summit

Its not much, but it does help to break up the monotony of Highway 50 through central Nevada.

GreenMachine

Quote from: RocketRider on March 24, 2014, 07:08:20 PM
Im down for bike night after this weekend.
Gokart place is actually pretty fun. Spoiler alert, none of you are faster than me there. Challenge thrown down

Who was the other person who placed first?  RR was second.  I was third and just driving like a road rage ass. 

RenoRider75

It was hilarious to watch from the sidelines.  You could absolutely tell that GM was out for blood in that thing.  My wife wants to start coming out for rides now too.

Thanks for the fun - sorry we had to miss out on the victory after-party.   ;)

288RR

Those carts are a blast.  GM was out for blood but I kept him behind me.   
That  cool your wife want s to get out on rides now too.
Post up a ride and lets get one going.

RocketRider

My buddy john beat me that round. Its ok, i annihilated him and another coworker yesterday with a 23.74
Just a little quicker to the top...
PIN IT TO WIN IT!

Please support my race team Rocket Pace Racing!https://www.facebook.com/RocketPaceRacing
We're accepting everything from Sponsors, to Facebook likes, to simple pats on the back :)

Thank you Apex-Speed and EBC Brakes for supporting our efforts to go faster!

GreenMachine

Taking ideas from you guys on perhaps VC, Mt. Rose, North County type destinations for meeting up, show-n-shine and dining.

Those are examples.  Richman & Monica took us into Dayton a week back.  I'm sure there would have to be a cool joint we could check out there.  VC has the Jerky House, which many of us enjoy.  If we rode over Mr. Rose, there's an infinite list of places to hang out at in the Kings Beach/Tahoe City area.  Heck, we could even venture off to Chilcoot, CA for a Frosty cone.  They're all relative short rides compared to our Sunday schedule.  We could repeat them over without regard to repetition.   Whatever the group decides.  It's your SSA.