Main Menu

How about a bike night???/. It's just a hang out, don't need to ride 2 wheels

Started by 288RR, March 24, 2014, 05:45:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

I'm sorry, did you say you could do it in 3?  I though it was one of those odd numbers and I thought you kinda beat it into my head that you could easily do it in 5.  You had a lot of things on your mind while you were bolting up the hitch, so maybe that was it.  Or it was two other people.   :-\
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

I'll have to make it a fast evening.  My poker buddies switched poker night from Wednesday to Thursday night.  I can still make both events, but I'll need to cut out early.

See?  We should postpone this for weather related reasons too.  I want to ride to bike night.  Taking a car to bike night feels weird and not right.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

288RR

You can still ride there,  I'm planing on riding and I'm bringing my friend,  she want to start riding.  We are going to go look at bikes befor we meet up.

GreenMachine

Brrr!  Cold tires, cold streets, & cold air temps, but riding anyway.  What am I saying?!  You ride to Bishop at this time of year.  You're either conditioned for it or crazy or both.  I'll ride in it if I have to or because I'm dieing to ride, but I seriously doubt I'll ride Thursday evening.  Plus with T-hill coming up, I don't want to chill my system and get sick.

What bike shops are you two going to beforehand?  That sounds like a fun way to spend an evening.

RocketRider

Still planning arriving, and still planning on 4 wheels for this round.

PIN IT TO WIN IT!

Please support my race team Rocket Pace Racing!https://www.facebook.com/RocketPaceRacing
We're accepting everything from Sponsors, to Facebook likes, to simple pats on the back :)

Thank you Apex-Speed and EBC Brakes for supporting our efforts to go faster!

288RR

She has her eye on a cbr500r. So we are going to go look at some and see what she thinks.

And I think I'm both, crazy and conditioned.  If it looks to cold ill show up on 4 wheels,  time will tell.

GreenMachine

I vote for making the whole experience a positive one, where we can ride to/from Bike Night in nice Spring-like weather and have the ability to have a beer.  Warm surroundings and cold beer sounds a lot more fun than the alternative.

I remember when I started going to my first bike nights in '08, the evenings were warm and I might have had a beer on an occasion or two.  Fond memories.  I can still remember getting off my bike, the new guy on a bike similar to A Dragon's, but not knowing anyone.  The evening's would cool down later in the year, but overall it was just nice.  Which could explain why I remember them so fondly.

cobra23

Quote from: GreenMachine on April 01, 2014, 08:52:53 PM
I vote for making the whole experience a positive one, where we can ride to/from Bike Night in nice Spring-like weather and have the ability to have a beer.  Warm surroundings and cold beer sounds a lot more fun than the alternative.

I remember when I started going to my first bike nights in '08, the evenings were warm and I might have had a beer on an occasion or two.  Fond memories.  I can still remember getting off my bike, the new guy on a bike similar to A Dragon's, but not knowing anyone.  The evening's would cool down later in the year, but overall it was just nice.  Which could explain why I remember them so fondly.

I like this..I could not have put it better myself.

This year I would like to get out and meet "people". I'm gonna try to even talk to them (you). I was working here in Reno in 07 on the first night of the bikes I attended on the Ducati. It was great, my family was still living in Washington State, so it was the only socializing I conducted. Except I only talked to the gal serving food at Pj's. Later I learned to talk with Jerome and Alberto.

One day I hope to learn to talk to many people.

My name is Ted...and I don't talk much.  :ohno

RocketRider

Has our kart night been scrapped?
PIN IT TO WIN IT!

Please support my race team Rocket Pace Racing!https://www.facebook.com/RocketPaceRacing
We're accepting everything from Sponsors, to Facebook likes, to simple pats on the back :)

Thank you Apex-Speed and EBC Brakes for supporting our efforts to go faster!

288RR

Well I say that were still on.   I will be there...  At 5:30 rain or shine, snow or hail.  See you tomorrow

Mel

Hey Daniel,

I've been following this thread from the beginning and have come to the conclusion that you should have called it something like the SSA Meet, and not Bike Night which apparently implies that you must ride a bike to the event. The bike nights that I have been to so far have had nothing to do with checking out each other's bikes, but just hanging around, eating and drinking, and shooting the shit about bikes and life :). It's always been about camaraderie and enjoying the company, rather than how you got there. For example, Daniel whether you rode or drove to the event doesn't mean jack to me, it's the hanging out that counts!

Mel 

GreenMachine

Dilemma.  Do I ride?  If I ride I'll absolutely come in leathers, but then I'll be 12 lbs heavier than with jeans, so not only very little hope of having a good race, but I'll probably be relegated to the back.  If I drive, the I'll still lose, might only get lapped once instead of twice and I'll be more appropriately dressed for Pinocchio's.

Might as well ride with full gear and just take my licks.

288RR

Thanks Mel.  I do know now that I picked a name for the night.   I never really cared if anyone shows up on two or four wheels.    Like you said it all just about hanging out a shooting the $#!+.
So with that being said. I anyone wants to come. Just show up. Who knows I may not even Show up on my bike.  But I'll be there to have a good time

And if you don't see my bike. I'll be driving a red jeep

dub

You should update the OP with the time and place  you are meeting so people don't have to read through every post to try and figure it out. I have been kind of loosely following this thread and I don't know.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019