Main Menu

VC ride one night??

Started by 288RR, August 04, 2013, 06:48:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

288RR

Would anyone else like to head up to vc one night this week.  Possibly Tuesday around 5:30??  All paces welcome.     Thinking of riding up there hit the truck route for a lap or two then back to town?   
Post up if it sounds good to you,  it can be  any time or day, so if another day work better just say so.
:blackbike
Lets get out and ride guys

GreenMachine

I'm in!  But they just sealed the truck route.  TB5 and I were just up there on Friday night.  We made it about a mile down before calling it quits.  I'd give it some time to cure and embed some sand in it for grit before riding to it as a destination.  The main road to/from VC and Six Mile Canyon are fine though.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

SinisterVendetta

I'm in as well, keep me posted as to time and meet (mavericks)? yes I was up there the other day and it's slick LOL 1st time in awhile that I had a car pacing me down putt putt putt.

288RR

I say lets keep it Tuesday @5:30. And met at the mavericks. And drop the truck route.  I've never been down six mile before. But im willing to riding it if the rest of the group is willing, and if time is not an issue

SinisterVendetta

Roger that, I have plenty of time, my silver sv650s was at 383 miles a couple weeks ago, it's now at 2002 today!

288RR

Right on.  Just wait. It will go up a lot more then that.  My bike is sitting at 35,000

Mel

Hey guys,

Keep in mind that Hot August Nights starts on Tue and runs through Sun. There will thousands and thousands of people in town and Geiger/VC will be a hot destination for a lot of them. I could see traffic definitely being an issue this coming week.

Mel

288RR

Thanks Mel. That is right,  but I think Tuesday shouldn't be real bad yet.

RenoRider75

I'm in.  Sounds like a fun ride!

288RR

Renorider75 it will be nice to hit BC with you again.   Gm. You can lead this ride and I'll sweep

GreenMachine

I can do that.   8)  Pace may be slower than typical, which will probably work out better if there's tourist traffic.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

288RR

That sounds good to me.  Hopefully the traffic won't be to bad

GreenMachine

SV?  You make it back or are you all broken up on the side on some highlands hillside?

We all went back for you, all the way back to VC, but didn't see skid marks or the burning carcass of your bike, so I made the assumption it was getting late and you decided it was safer to go back Six Mile Canyon/50 to home.

Let us know, just so I can sleep tonight.   :-\

288RR

Yes please let us know..  I would also like to sleep tonight.

RenoRider75

Me too - it was a nice ride, except for SV's vanishing trick.    :-\